Matinee Center Repair?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefesteeze

Reaction score
Hello,

I've got an opportunity to purchase a Matinee. The seller says that the tweeter quit working, but the woofers/ESL panel are working fine. I've currently got a LX16 on it's side as my center channel for my 60XTs in my 5.2 and the Matinee would be a great upgrade - has anyone done a teardown of these speakers or have any ideas how to assess what went wrong? I am very handy with a soldering iron and a multimeter, but I probably can't rip it open until I buy it. Basically I am looking for feedback from you all on the probability that the tweeter output is fixable...

I contacted ML to ask them if I can buy a replacement tweeter. I imagine it's probably the tweeter that's broken and not the crossover (seems more common), but I don't know how to tell.

Thanks!

When I had a problem with my panels, ML mentioned it was highly unlikely for the crossover to develop a problem. Can the seller send you a video of a frequency sweep being played. Sweep tones are available on youtube. If you can hear the highs then at least you know that the panels and crossover are working which are the most expensive bits. Get the specs of the tweeter from ML and buy one online instead, should be much cheaper as its a simple dome tweeter.

I would stick with Martin Logan replacement parts theres more than just dropping in a tweeter then this way u know it’s right. And they will send u detailed instructions on how to replace it. I was having problems with my stage speaker and they sent me instructions and replacement parts we tried everything with no luck I was getting distortion so ended up sending it back and it ended up being the power supply. Contact Martin Logan service and see what they would charge to repair it then deduct it from the asking price.

Latest posts

Back