Martin Logan's sound good with H/k?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

krazymofo24

I have the Harman Kardon avr-335 I was wondering how well the Clarity's will sound until I save enough for a good amp...will the 335 be enough to power them?

It would seem easy enough to take your amp to your friendly dealer to find out.

I wouldnt pair a Clarity with an HK... sure it will drive it, but it wont do it nearly as well as a good solid separate like Rotel, Parasound, or Anthem. If you do get the Clarity (or any ML), take into account the budget for a good separates set (around $1200).

With the HK335, the imaging wont be as solid (you will get a little fuzz around an abnormally larger image), the overall tonal balance wont be as good, and the bass wont hit as hard and as concentrated.

I would have to agree with Joey V, the HK will drive the clarity’s but I don’t think you will have much headroom. Meaning you will be fine for low levels but as you turn up the volume your receiver may run out of power in reserves and clip the speaker, and you don’t want to do that.

Back