Martin Logan VISTA Vertical Bi AMP ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

datka

Reaction score
HI

I currently have ML Based home theater: ESL 15A upfront, ML Vista - back speakers and ML- Vantage as side speakers...

I was thinking to take my Vista and move it to the second floor as my second system speaker. i 7X speakers for HT is overkill, I can totally live with 5.1 + 4 atmos...

Anyway, my question is:

I have a Parasound A52 5 channel amp and was thinking to use it to power ML Vista,, I was thinking to do a Vertical bi-amp and purchase RCA Y adapters, this way I can utilize 4 channels from 5 channel amp and run bi-amped?

Any thoughts on this wonder it if would sound good? another option I was thinking was to sell Paradound and get Yamaha AS 2100...
this is my secondary system so does not have to be super hi end and super expensive...

i wonder if Parasound with vertical bi amp would sound better compared to using 2 channel yamaha with regular tweeter jumpers..

Thanks.

I've tried bi-amping when I had my Usher Dancer Mini 2 DMDs using 4x Tag Maclaren 125Ms and it was a compete waste. The sound was far better using single wire + decent wire jumpers (links) , and way, way cheaper. Have used wire jumpers ever since on Bi-wireable speakers in place of the cheap & nasty oem metal links.
My Summits are currently fed with Chord Signature & Signature jumpers

It's a "maybe" that passive biamp can be of benefit, as is indicated by Lurch who experienced no benefit, and by me who experienced a benefit.

I used a Y cable from preamp to multichannel Krell for a passive biamp to my Vista speakers. The benefit to me was with removing some edge in very high frequencies when listening at higher volume. But with "normal" listening volume there was not a benefit.

I'm still passively biamping (tri-amping actually) with my current 13A speakers since they have self-powered woofers. So, there's still a benefit to passive biamp.

I have a Parasound A52 5 channel amp and was thinking to use it to power ML Vista,, I was thinking to do a Vertical bi-amp and purchase RCA Y adapters, this way I can utilize 4 channels from 5 channel amp and run bi-amped?

Any thoughts on this wonder it if would sound good?
I'd say that since you have the gear, go ahead and try it.

My take is bi-amping can provide benefits, as any amp signal modulation caused by the funky impedance curve of the ESL panel is isolated from impacting the woofer, and vice-versa.
This is usually only humanly detected at very high levels (as Scott noted above), but the benefit is measurably still there at lower levels.

Even bigger benefits can be had by replacing the passive crossovers and using an active crossover ahead of the two amp channels per speaker. But that's a bigger, much more complicated approach.

Back