Martin Logan today

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amey01

Reaction score
I always like to give credit where it is due, and so think it is time to acknowledge this thread of the past (and many others like it):

http://www.martinloganowners.com/fo...s-the-Martin-Logan-brand-declining&highlight=

Personally, I think Martin Logan are going really well today.

They have a fantastic range - especially in the Renaissance series - but of also lower-end and high-end speakers like the Neolith.

The range is appropriate, exciting and high performing, so well done to ML.

What do the others think?

Personally - I'd still really like to see a Statement E3.

I think Martin Logan are an operation with enough capability to develop it.

And I think they are also a big enough and varied enough operation to benefit from the kudos/marketing/publicity such a model would generate. But hey, I know I might be dreaming.

Yeah, that was a good thread Rich started, woke up a few old timers for sure ! Also some very valid points made and discussed, all good.

As for the Statement III, myself, little to no interest since I wouldn't consider it. But if it's development created the 'trickle down' for the rest of the lineup then I guess one could justify it.

I actually question how well (financially speaking) M/L has made out with the Neolith ??

I hope their overall sales/profits are sufficient to support continued R&D in the Masterpiece/Reference lines, but I can't imagine them bringing out anything like a Statement E3. IMHO, their next goal (for a Masterpiece "X" series) should be more powerful Class D amps (IcePower or Hypex), and incorporating ARC to work simultaneously for the main speakers plus 1-2 BalancedForce subs. That would be the logical next step for both stereo and home theater setups. Ideally, they'd offer an upgrade path for the current Masterpiece owners, where you remove the bottom component tray, and send to them for a factory upgrade (or better yet, they send you a DIY "plug 'n play" upgrade kit). I hope they're reading this! :D

Last edited:
Good to see ML doing well. I think they break even on the Neolith line, they still sell enough of them to well heeled customer in custom finishes. But I don't think there is enough headroom in the market for another even larger panel statement piece.

I've stated several times that the ideal top-flight ML system is one that integrates a model (like the 15A) with a total active crossover with amplification, and drive for multiple subs.
Even the Neolith could be made better with an all active config that allows seamless integration of multiple BlanacedForce 212 subs with system-wide ARC.

If they want to expand the market further, a line of reasonably priced (<$5K) monoplole ESL that are wall-mountable would go a long way in grabbing some share in that space. Methinks the (hidden) demo at CEDIA could well be something along those lines.

Back