Martin Logan esl c supply chain issue backlogged?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tktiomy56

Reaction score
As the title suggests I placed an order for a Martin Logan esl c gloss black to pair with my esl 11s. I placed the order on the 30th of November and it is now the 12th… I was under the assumption that these were probably stocked at there warehouses and ordering from a dealer would only take a week but it’s now turning into the dealer doesn’t have a eta at all. Are supply chain issues really this bad…I’ve ordered a few high end new electronic pieces from dealers all over the US and it’s usually a week or less…when stocked. If anyone can throw me some opinions or experiences u might’ve had in the last few months it would greatly be appreciated…as I’m close to just canceling this.

I thought most places would have items not in stock marked as such. I notice that some do, like Monoprice. Have you contacted their sales deparment about this?

I just ordered a Definitive Subwoofer and am hoping that this doesnt happen to me. Pretty crappy that the sites arent all marking items out of stock when they are, and have no ETA. Monoprice's site even lists what date they expect things to be back in stock.

You ordered direct from Martin Logan? Your other choice would be to buy from a dealer, if you can find one in stock somewhere.

Ordered from a dealer in Minneapolis hence price was cheaper than local dealers in Texas. Still I’ve talked to 5 dealers 2 in Texas 1 in Florida and 2 in New York and they could get one within a week no problem….so I’m starting to think maybe the dealer is dragging their feet or they may not have the best relationship with ML and that’s why it’s going past 2 weeks.

You might try contacting Shawn Millin at DaVinci Media. He's a Masterpiece ML Dealer in Milwaukee and sponsor of this forum. He gives forum members an extra discount.

Just search DaVinci Media in this forum.

I did but he couldn’t match the price sadly

let me get this straight...... you ordered from a dealer with the 'best' price but they can't 'deliver' ? if so, therein lies your answer, hello, anybody home ??

Honestly I was under the impression the masterpiece c18 and c34 would be hard to get didn’t think the esl c would be in the same situation

I can get a c18 within 5 days….starting to think i should just go that route

my experience with Shawn is that he delivers. Otoh, I will sell you any ML speaker pair for $50. Delivery? Oh, any day now.

….that line is perfect lol wish I thought of it. Very true as 2 weeks for the price I paid seems way to long for a non unique piece….

I can get a c18 within 5 days….starting to think i should just go that route
I've got one and it's fantastic!

Is that dealer in Milwaukee a licensed dealer? If not, I'm pretty sure the ML warranty is void. I had Shawn get me a balanced force 210 and the process went very smooth! They had to make more of them at ML, so it was delayed 1 week or so. He communicated great with me. When it was all done, he seemed more like a friend than an audio dealer.

I would buy from Shawn but I’m not interested in paying top dollar for an esl c when I will replace it with a c18 in 3-4 months when house is finished being built and I’ll have room to use the bigger one.

So…the issue was the dealer or dealers rep never put in the order so ML didn’t see any orders to fulfill for the dealer….hope it’s fixed soon, at least the problem has been narrowed down.

I would buy from Shawn but I’m not interested in paying top dollar for an esl c when I will replace it with a c18 in 3-4 months when house is finished being built and I’ll have room to use the bigger one.
Wow, can't believe you found lower price than Shawn's DaVinci Media. His price was a good 15% below what my local dealer charges.

Crutchfield has the gloss black ESL C in stock. However, the satin black version is noted as being out of stock, due to supply issues. The new normal.

(Not recommending Crutchfield over DaVinci Media. I just wanted to post an example of what might be at issue).

Robert, I agree, sounds like his 'dealer' is a 'ball dropper' !

When it comes to M/L I'm either buying from my local brick & mortar or Shawn @ DiVinci

Latest posts

Back