Martin Logan esl 11a parings

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the Moon 440 mono blocks and they did not sound good at all with the 11a's. The speakers were new so not broken in so that may have been part of it not sure. Still not broken in yet but demoed the Anthem and the McIntosh 462. Kept the 462 as lots of detail and the soundstage is amazing. I was really surprised at the difference in sound quality between the two. The Anthem was cold and the top end seemed brittle.

I currently have a pair of 11a's. I stumble on buying it from a local dealer who had a customer returned it due to a marital issues. lucky me... hehe.. I bought it with Naim supernait 3 and Naim ND5sx as a package. Had the naim for a couple of months and I auditioned a Mcintosh MA8900 which was significant improvement from the Naim. Then he had me audition a Mark Levinson No 585. and I kept it till now. I used the ARC settings and it made a significant improvement due to my room dimensions. I've been very happy with the match. I had replaced the Naim ND5 sx 2 with a Lumin T2. View attachment 22053
Since I posted this, a problem with one of the subs came up. A crackling sound keeps coming up. I emailed my dealer evolution audio video in Agoura hills, Ca. a couple of hours later, I got an email from Martin Logan support who asked if he can call me, then called me a few minutes later. And to make the story short, after a few calls, emailing, and more phone calls, they sent me a new amp tray for the speakers, still same result, they then sent a new woofer, swapped amps between the left and right speakers, still the same. So they decided to replace both speakers at no charge. See the picture. I couldn’t be happier with Martin Logan support, they are awesome to work with, specially Ron, Brian and Cory.

I have since replaced my Mark levinson with pass labs INT-60, and my lumin t2 with Aurender A10 and the difference was quite noticeable especially in the bass section, tighter and extended. Mids and highs are more detailed with better dynamics.

Attachments

• 64C4E5B5-B524-4FD4-93F4-80095ACE5F5F.jpeg
    64C4E5B5-B524-4FD4-93F4-80095ACE5F5F.jpeg
    925.6 KB · Views: 0
Back