Martin Logan Center Speakers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok maybe I'm not done...

The price of the Summits is less than the model it replaced; the Prodigy. The Vantages are much less than the Odyssey was but more than the Ascent (it sort of replaced both of those). It would not surprise me if the Stage is less than the Theater. Lets hope so.

Last edited:
Craig said:
Ok maybe I'm not done...

The price of the Summits is less than the model it replaced, the Prodigy. The Vantages are much less than the Odyssey was but more than the Ascent (it sort of replaced both of those). It would not surprise me if the Stage is less than the Theater. Lets hope so.

I was told by ML people that the Stage Prototype would be out first quarter this year, that was in August. They also discontinued the Center lines, but recently put them back in production. Getting info on the Stage now is hard. Then we heard only the Cinema would be discontinued....

Back in August they said the prototype was better than the Cinema but "not necessarily better," than the Theater.

This could be the reason for the delay on the Stage....

Will it replace both when it comes out?

Hard to say, but looks like the Stage should be cheaper than the Theater, because currently the Theater is still in production, while the Cinema won't be.

Statman said:
Has anyone including your Wife ever told you that you are stubborn? ;)
Why, Thank you for the compliment...

People are just giving advice/opinions to you. And yes you have every right to give it back. You seem to want to debate everybody that posts? You're right and they are wrong? (1st deadly sin)?
The argument about price versus performance was lost by the reply to me. The poster made his point, and I replied with mine. If this sounds like I am right and he is wrong, that is your opinion. Welcome to forum posting on the Internet as discussions like this will always occur.

I had Scripts for about 2 months and sold them after listening to them in my system while waiting for my Odysseys I was not impressed with them. I agree with you about the Signal cable been using them for awhile, sold my Cardas stuff.
And I never said I would be purchasing a Script for my center or my surrounds. I made the point about the price of a Script and the price of a Theater and based solely on performance, the Theater is over priced.

May I ask how old you are? No kids? Just curious due to the fact I used to sound a lot like you in my opinions! Especially when advice was given. Not trying to flame you. :)
Not taking this as a flame at all...just another discussion on a forum. You are very welcome to your opinions as I am to mine. I base all my opinions and posts solely on the many many many years I have been into this audiophile hobby (experience) along with many attendances at live performaces large and small (audible experience).

Regarding age: If I was "X" age it would be alright to post a certain way, but if I was less than "X" age it would all be chalked up to youth? And if I had kids or not this would also add into this quotient? Strange.... But to answer your questions....I attended "many" Spyro Gyga concerts at bars in Buffalo years before they even put out an album.

I have met many a person who is very young and is very knowledgeable, then I have found some that are very immature. I have also found the opposite with seniors - some still very childish, some very knowledgeable. One should try not to categorize someone or their opinions solely based on their age.

Dan

Craig said:
My point is that the Theater i is requires more major parts to make than a single Aeon i. Therefore, one could expect the Theater i to have a higher production parts/assembly cost than the Aeon i. Also, there may be more design costs involved to develop this center speaker. How much more should it be? I don't know but it does not surprise me that the Theater i is more expensive than the Aeon i.
Craig....I agree with you (and mentioned it in my post) and wondered if that was one of the reasons for the higher price - production costs.

Since we are not part of the business we really have no clue on R&D and production costs for an item - which is probably the bottom line for the increased costs.

Dan

Did you ever notice how in all the ML speaker manuals they stress not to skimp on the center channel?
It just seemed a little odd but perhaps they are acknowledging their Theater is a little price heavy.

Before this discussion gets too far with seniors and Medicare eligibility, let me try to bring this thread back to topic.

I looked at several other brands prior to getting MLs. To me, ML's price points are fair compared to other "hi-fi" brands. For example, Paradigm Signature (not other Paradigm lines) series is overpriced, except for the S8 (which I consider to be a top performer). Their Servo subwoofer is $3,300, a lot more than the Descent and yet sounds comparable and has no EQ either. Their center channels are priced slightly higher than the MLs. Ditto with B&Ws (in fact, their surrounds are 2x the $ of ML Vignettes). In the end, I figured that to get the level of performance acceptable to me, ML is within my budget.

DTB, your point is well taken (to me, anyway) regarding Theater i's price point, but that is apparent only when you compare it to other ML products, which says something about the "fairness" of pricing of the ML line. However, may I suggest that other "hi-fi" brands also "rip" people off, may be even worse.

And yes, I still try to "haggle" with my local dealer every time I buy something...

Khanhrad said:
DTB, your point is well taken (to me, anyway) regarding Theater i's price point, but that is apparent only when you compare it to other ML products, which says something about the "fairness" of pricing of the ML line. However, may I suggest that other "hi-fi" brands also "rip" people off, may be even worse....
Agreed...and all good points...this topic is not just localized to ML and their lineup of speakers, and this is not limited to just speakers in our fine hobby.

I agree that other companies have some very high priced Centers...The Aerial that I mentioned is almost $4000, but they have a cheaper model around $1800 I believe that is more than adequate. But since we are here to talk about ML's, that is where I pointed my concerns or opinions on.

There are many "rip offs" out there for people to be taken on in all aspects of our life.

Khanhrad said:
And yes, I still try to "haggle" with my local dealer every time I buy something...
Sometimes that is half the fun of making the purchase...but sometimes it is a hassle to haggle.

Dan

Back