M.Logans aerius i.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Serie nr.

Hi guys!
I havent connected them yet,when the came they where very cold (transport from scotland-london) I few more hours then i will connect them..(cant wait).

My suggestion is get a couple of CD's or vinyl or your choosing and a glass of wine and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Jeff Zaret said:
My suggestion is get a couple of CD's or vinyl or your choosing and a glass of wine and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Maybe a single malt scotch or a Guinness would be a better match considering county of shipping origin.

Martin logan aerius i

Alright guys they are connected.
Ohhh my god....Why havent i been a ML man since i was born.And i havent even move them around yet..... :D
Thanks for all your help so far.

Still waiting for good speakercables.Only had a pair of standart gale cobbercables :p
My system so far:
ML aerius i
MF KW500
MF A5 CD
Taralabs referance gen 2.
Jps powercords to the ML's
Kimber powercords KT2 to the cd and amp.

Last edited:
M.logans

Hi guys!

God the play good.But can it be true that is takes alot of power out of my MF kw 500.I play the volume up to around 10 a'clock Max.The aerius are appox 1.5 feet away from the back wall.(i know it needs 2-3Feet min).Could that be the reason for all the power eating.

hsam said:
Hi guys!

God the play good.But can it be true that is takes alot of power out of my MF kw 500.I play the volume up to around 10 a'clock Max.The aerius are appox 1.5 feet away from the back wall.(i know it needs 2-3Feet min).Could that be the reason for all the power eating.
Hola HSam...there could be some reasons why you have to play your system at that level...first is that is you are going to compare your Aerius i with a come speaker, the cone speaker usually are more sensitive than your Logans and use less than the half of the power for the same sound preasure level in your room. Be sure that all the panel, from top to bottom and from left to right is with music. Sometimes the panes are dead in some parts and this problem produce less sound obviously. If this is the case, you need new panels. If you have too much bass, also is a tip that your panels are low. Sometimes also, with a good cleaning, or a shower is needed to bring them back to life. Laid back them a little bit on their´s back using their feet, this array will produce more highs in the room. Tilt them a little bit also toe in for better image and scenario. Happy listening and trust your ears!
Roberto.

Martin logan aerius i

The speakers sounds great all over the panel.But i can see small round black marks on the panel though the front.Could it be dust or ??? :confused:

hsam said:
The speakers sounds great all over the panel.But i can see small round black marks on the panel though the front.Could it be dust or ??? :confused:

Hola...yes, that could be, also if you smoke could be tar. If you smoke, stay away of the speaker´s panels. :p ..vacuum them with no problem...it will not harm the panel...vacuum all the panel, first at front and then at the back. Now, if you don´t any distortion, or all the panel is playing loud enough in all lower mids to high frequencies, then they are o.k. Do the vacuum at least once a month, if you live in a dusty place, like here Costa Rica...or every three months at least. Enjoy your new sound from ML...and again, welcome to the club.
Cheers,
Roberto. :D

m.logans

Hmm I dont smoke,maybe the last owner did,When/if i should have new panels for the aerius i, do :eek: you guys know what the cost whould be????

hsam said:
Hmm I dont smoke,maybe the last owner did,When/if i should have new panels for the aerius i, do :eek: you guys know what the cost whould be????
they are around $ 400.00 both. But maybe you don't need to change them...if the sound is great, and also you have a very good scenario and image, just enjoy your new sound. Vacuum them at least once every two months, and you will have them in shape. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Aerius i

How easy is it to replace the oak trims yourself and sand them down to a re- paint . :confused:

hsam said:
How easy is it to replace the oak trims yourself and sand them down to a re- paint . :confused:

Hola...I have done that several times and it is more easier than what you think. Place your Aerius over a soft pillow on it's back. Look at the bottom and see if there are two little plates under of each trim. Take off this tinny plates that are secured by two philips type tip No.2 screw. Then, with the help of a soft mallet (rubber is better) hit at the top of the trims to move them about one inch down. Revome the trim and take off the three screws are are for holding the trim to the speaker' cabinet. Now you can sand and repaint. What I usually do is, take off the paint, then sand it for a soft touch, and as natural the wood is, I did apply just clear lacquer or clear varnish. Letit dry and ready to place them back. Always that I take the trims off, I clean all the speaker's panel and woofer. The panel is secured to the cabinet by three connectors, with small blade screws. Whatch the colors and take the panel off for a better cleaning or replace. Hope this can help!!!
Cheers,
Roberto.

Decoder ring!

Thanks to LaserMark4 for the "decoder ring" for M-L serial numbers! :)

Sorry to hear about the sale of M-L if true. Hope its not due to the continuing migration away from 2 channel to home theater. While I and others in the Club can attest to the fact that it can be done with M-L, not sure what the WAF (or SOFA*) factor is generally. Was thinking about replacing my Monolith 1s (upgraded to IIIs), but kind of blindsided :( by the news. Will be interesting to read what Jim Powers and others have to say.

*Significant Other Factor of Acceptance

Aerius i with the corrs unplugged

Hi ML guys!
Just bough the unplugged cd with the corrs.Sounded good untill track 4 on the album.It sounded like a bad radio signal comming from both speakers :confused: Every time the (sisters high voices came the sound was very bad) And the first thing on my mind NEW PANELS.But it was only on track 4.I have now heard 12 cd's nothing wrong.Could it be a bad MTV unplugged recording???
Also im thinking of replacing the MF 500 with a Classe' ca 201 to get a more warm bass from the aerius i's.(using MIT 750 bi-wire S3 speakercable) :D

hsam said:
Hi ML guys!
Just bough the unplugged cd with the corrs.Sounded good untill track 4 on the album.It sounded like a bad radio signal comming from both speakers :confused: Every time the (sisters high voices came the sound was very bad) And the first thing on my mind NEW PANELS.But it was only on track 4.I have now heard 12 cd's nothing wrong.Could it be a bad MTV unplugged recording???
Also im thinking of replacing the MF 500 with a Classe' ca 201 to get a more warm bass from the aerius i's.(using MIT 750 bi-wire S3 speakercable) :D
Hola. If you have that problem only on track 4, it is your cd or dvd. Also, if something is wrong, you will have the problem in all tracks. I think that could be a digital reading problem...sounds like a fm hiss and distorted, right?. Listen to several kind of music, a solo instrument is better for detect problems like a piano or a spanish guitar...happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

Last edited:
About to try a new amp.

I like the MF KW500 so much.That im going to try the KW750 next week.
Anyone heard it???
Regards
H.sam

ML Serial Number Codes

Finally got the ML Serial Number Code as a .pdf file, which locks in the formatting of the chart. This sheet will allow you to determine the date a ML speaker was manufactured, it's model, etc. Just match the serial number from the back of ML speakers to this chart.

Here you go guys--

Attachments

• ML Serial Number Codes.pdf
    44.3 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
Back