low-voltage interconnect cable

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmschnur

Reaction score
Where can I get a 20'-25' long cable to connect my Cinema i to my Clarity's. What kind of cable do I need?

Joel

jmschnur said:
Where can I get a 20'-25' long cable to connect my Cinema i to my Clarity's. What kind of cable do I need?

Joel

Your Cinema must connect to a ht receiver or a power amp fed by a pre-pro. Regular speaker cable or zip cord may be used.

I meant the 12 volt power cable to power the electrostatic part. There is a power supply that came with the speaker that currently works fine. The manual states that I can use an inter connect cable and run that from my Clarity's. The Clarity manual says the same.

I called Martin Logan and they siad they did not carry the cable.

I will need this when I mount the Cinema i on the celiing and have a rather long run to any power. The easiest way to do this is run the internconnect cable along with the speaker wire back to my amp and then the 12 volt interconnect power cable to the near by left Clarity speaker.

Joel

jmschnur said:
I meant the 12 volt power cable to power the electrostatic part. There is a power supply that came with the speaker that currently works fine. The manual states that I can use an inter connect cable and run that from my Clarity's. The Clarity manual says the same.

I called Martin Logan and they siad they did not carry the cable.

I will need this when I mount the Cinema i on the celiing and have a rather long run to any power. The easiest way to do this is run the internconnect cable along with the speaker wire back to my amp and then the 12 volt interconnect power cable to the near by left Clarity speaker.

Joel
Hola Joel...try Radio Shack or the electronic supplies...you might find there what you are looking for. Also, you could buy the cable and the connectors and make it...it is a very easy task...hope this can help, happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

Thanks-I will take the power cord to Radio Shack and see if they can match it. This turns out to be hard. I talk to Jim Powers and ML had even ordered wron connectors. I am notw on a search for the MP-136L (2.1mm)

His note follows:

I have attached a page from one of our engineer’s catalogs. The important detail is the 2.1 mm size (not 2.5 like we did). You will see two of them shown here. I think these are RadioShack part numbers but I am not sure. See the MP-121M or the MP136L. Both of these are 5.5x2.1. One of them is an “L” connector, the other straight. Either work fine.

Joel

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back