• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Martin Logan Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for Inteface Boxes for CLS II

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dastro

Reaction score
I have a pair of CLS II that have Soundlab boxes installed and am trying to find a pair of the original interfaces.

I can send a photo of the electronics, if you want.
Also, ESL Repair supplies parts for electrostatic repairs. (ESL Repair - Home) Russ Knotts does recoat the CLS panel mylar film and tests them, so I assume he could provide/recommend electronics for the CLS II.

On the CLS II theme...
Do you recommend updating/refurbishing the electronics and what needs to be done?
I have a pair of CLS II w/ new panels but nothing done to the electronics. They sound good to me but could they be better??

I had a EE friend repair mine and do a rebuild of them. He checked re-soldered many of the diodes as the solder joints were broken. Replaced many of the caps and added good quality point to point wiring instead of using the traces on the printed board. Changed the speaker binding posts to gold and replaced the fuse holder with a gold plated one. The power supplies were fine so they were left alone.

I'm sure I posted it in my equipment threat. Take a look there and I will also look this weekend for it. I included at least one picture of what it looked like when finished.

The improvement was not subtle. Even more open with more detail. My panels would have been probably 8 years old at that time.

That is really helpful. I will try to find the thread. I have an EE friend who saved my VTL's and I eventually sold them to him.
If there was a roadmap I could see if he would be interested in doing this. I swap the 11A's and the CLS. I was going to sell the CLS but I just can't bring myself to do it.
Thanks so much!

Back