London/UK ML owners

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
Hi any London or UK people here? Where do you buy your cables from? The ones that I can see are mostly expensive, and in the cheaper ones, specs are not clear. Please post site/dealer and brand that you use, and if it is a thick (2.5mm, 10awg) cable with low inductance and capacitance

I would like to avoid buying from the US if possible.

Hi Bonzo,

I know MarcK uses Transparent, I use my own mentioned earlier, but I have also had good results with Harmonic Tech Fantasy, depending on what length you are after I have some you can also try out.. Which Krell amp do you use?

KR,

Paul.

Krell S300i. I might need about 12 feet, though someone will be slack right now, for speaker cables. For interconnects, 1.5m

chord cables are great value , I have been using chord epic for some while and before that van damme 6mm with good effect

[summit x speakers]

Last edited:
Talk to Paul at RFC. I've got a 3m run of Mercury from my pre to power amps. It is very good indeed - loads of resolution.

Paul is a mate of mine. He'll sort you something out. Honest, guv:)

Hi any London or UK people here? Where do you buy your cables from? The ones that I can see are mostly expensive, and in the cheaper ones, specs are not clear. Please post site/dealer and brand that you use, and if it is a thick (2.5mm, 10awg) cable with low inductance and capacitance

I would like to avoid buying from the US if possible.

Save your money and build them yourself using PURE SILVER or PURE COPPER bare wire from Ebay. I tend to prefer Neotech wire for my projects. For cable sleeving I always use COTTON for best results. Over the years I've made/soldered all mine by myself. Below are images of some basic silver Interconnects I recently made up for my brother and my friends. I've also manufactured all my own Mains Cables utilising only the most expensive and exotic wiring available....

Attachments

• get-attachment-1.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment-1.aspx.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
more images....

Attachments

• $T2eC16Z,!yUE9s6NGyygBRs4HV)-oQ~~60_57.jpg
    $T2eC16Z,!yUE9s6NGyygBRs4HV)-oQ~~60_57.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 220
  • $(KGrHqV,!lsFGnHHwfU+BRsNvZsUPg~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqV,!lsFGnHHwfU+BRsNvZsUPg~~60_57.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 223
DIY Mains Cable I did a while back made up from ANTI-CABLES.........

Attachments

• photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 223
I agree with Dan and there is no need to go to extraordinary lengths (pardon the pun).
Depending on how far apart your speakers are (if 3m or less) just get some Naim "dumbbell cross-section" A5 cable cut to say, 2m length (or long enough to reach a centrally positioned amp) and single wire them. Also buy some crimpable large spades and a crimping tool to complete the ensemble.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121005991...&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=54

To embellish them, you can also get some coloured sleeves - or the spades may already come with a variety of pre-fitted colours.
You'll have the advantage of low capacitance, inductance and resistance - especially with the short 2m run of cable these factors are correspondingly reduced.

Then just for peace of mind, borrow expensive cables, bi-wires etc of your choice for trialling and A-B them with your homemade cables and see which you prefer?
If you then find you are enamoured by the expensive ones in pre-terminated 3 or 5m runs I'll eat my shorts ;)
Hope this helps :)
All the best,

Latest posts

Back