Logos Stand

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gaffman

I've moved my Logos off the top of the TV and onto the floor in front of the TV. After doing some listening tests I've decided to put the Logos on a stand. Any suggestions as to companies which make an appropriate stand?

Carl

gaffman said:
I've moved my Logos off the top of the TV and onto the floor in front of the TV. After doing some listening tests I've decided to put the Logos on a stand. Any suggestions as to companies which make an appropriate stand?

Hi, Carl.

When I researched this some time ago, the Sound Anchor SDACC Center Channel speaker stand came highly recommended. Rugged and solid, the speaker can easily accomodate the large heavy Logos while allowing height and angle adjustment. I haven't *personally* tried it out, but it's my first choice once I decide to stop suffering with the Logos on the floor. For what it's worth, I found spiking the Logos made enough of an improvement to let me get by with it on the floor for a while. Maybe if my tax refund is large enough, I'll treat myself to the SDACC stand.

Dan

Last edited:

Attachments

• horspkrLG.jpg
    horspkrLG.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 268
attyonline said:
Could not find this stand on their site. How much is it?

Click on the link I posted above.
Click on the "products II" link at the top of the page.
The stand is in the lower right hand corner.

#1240 CENTER CHANNEL SPEAKER STAND
40" W x 10" D x 12" H
Weight 15 lb
Retail Price $395.00

Thanks for ther info. I'll look at both closely to see which works best for me.

Carl

Vern Sharp aka Statman member system #4 has a different stand then what we have posted here, You could E-mail him if you would like to get more details.

Dan Prorok said:
Can you adjust the height and angle with the Billy Bags stand? It looks more attractive to me; I'm just curious if it is as versatile.

Dan

At the quoted price it ought to cook food and clean your house. ;)

Dan Prorok said:
Can you adjust the height and angle with the Billy Bags stand? It looks more attractive to me; I'm just curious if it is as versatile.

Dan

I don’t believe it does, but Billy Bags will custom make or modify a stand any way you want.

For that price, I would make my own.

You could buy some 1x1 Oak from Home Depot for the frame, then put an Oak Riser (for use on Stairs - again at Home Depot) for the top. Use a hinge to attach the riser to the frame, and voila your own customized stand, that is adjustable to any angle. Stain to your own preference. This would probably cost you under $50 for all of it

Personally I feel stands are way overpriced for the audio market. A little time and effort on our part can save us many $$$$$ to purchase other important things like music.

Dan

Retail Price $395.00

Or if you know how to weld you can make your own for 1/4 that price. Even a welding shop could make a better stand for 1/2 that.

For that price, I would make my own.

Hey we agree on something?

Personally I feel stands are way overpriced for the audio market. A little time and effort on our part can save us many $$$$$ to purchase other important things like music.

Just like cables.

15 lbs of box stock steel - $40
stained slab of hardwood - $45
powdercoat - $100
3 hours machine shop time - $150 ($50 is average to low...1 hr cut out, 1 hr welding, 1 hr finish work..and thats being conservative)
rubber feet - $12

thats $347

imo, that not enough savings to warrent doing the project yourself.

Bonedust said:
imo, that not enough savings to warrent doing the project yourself.

For a metal stand, I would agree. But if you can "get by" with a wood one...

Dan

Zip3kx07 said:
Vern Sharp aka Statman member system #4 has a different stand then what we have posted here, You could E-mail him if you would like to get more details.

It's the Sound Anchor stand which is cheaper than the Billy Bags and it was well worth it. The Sound Anchor is height adjustable and has the ability to be placed at the right height for better localization of sound with your mains.! I love to hear the bitching about "how much it cost". It's funny how everyone here wants to spend someone else's money especially when they aren't buying it themselves. :D

http://www.audioc.com/accessories1/soundanchor/sanchor.htm

Last edited:
Statman said:
I love to hear the bitching about "how much it cost". It's funny how everyone here wants to spend someone else's money especially when they aren't buying it themselves. :D

Don't think I was "bitching" about the price. Just giving people an alternative to think about. Notice I agreed with "Bone" on the price of the metal stand. If people like the all metal stand, adjustable height, etc., and it fits into your budget, then by all means go buy it. Just like everything else in this hobby.

Sometimes it is nice to know about alternatives that might not have been considered. Sorry if it came across sounding like I was bitching...

Dan

DTB300 said:
Don't think I was "bitching" about the price. Just giving people an alternative to think about. Notice I agreed with "Bone" on the price of the metal stand. If people like the all metal stand, adjustable height, etc., and it fits into your budget, then by all means go buy it. Just like everything else in this hobby.

Sometimes it is nice to know about alternatives that might not have been considered. Sorry if it came across sounding like I was bitching...

Dan

You wern't,I understand :D

Latest posts

Back