List of electrostatic speakers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, those are pretty cool, Jon. And that sub . . . I just don't know what to say about that sub. :wow:

Yep, love that big, rounded opposed-driver sub. Very cool.

Am I the only one who thinks this a disgraceful copy of ML design and tech?

Seems like they violate a few patents...

You are assuming ML holds the patents on things like curved panels or hybrid electrostatic speakers. I believe you may be wrong in that assumption.

You are assuming ML holds the patents on things like curved panels or hybrid electrostatic speakers. I believe you may be wrong in that assumption.
You are probably right. I still dont like the way they copied everyrhing. I mean, even the design looks like made up of ML parts stretched a bit here and there.

Hi Justin, was expecting you yesterday. Liked the Analysis Audio full-range ribbon planars much better than mine, but it was an expensive system. He had the speakers, NAT Audio monoblocks which were 18k retail, NAT symmetrical preamp (7k), and Lector CD player, with LFD cables which are quite expensive. The power filter was expensive as well, and so was all the isolation.

His room actually is not the best, with low sloping roofs (an attic like top floor). Speakers just around 8 feet apart, distance to sofa 12 feet. But the system was amazingly smooth, very detailed but musical, not detailed like in clinical, never got bright, the bass was brilliant, huge soundstage, and filled the room. Opera, Symphony and Jazz on it were brilliant. For rock the apogees are more dynamic, summits have more kick drum but the bass is better integrated in these as they were full-range. As the speakers are almost 6 feet, the sound fills up top to bottom and front to back.

Very nice dealer, talks music more than hifi. Also heard the Vandersteen quattros in the same system, and he made some music on it sound like electrostats. Brilliant box speaker, but overall less magic than a planar, and though the Vandys had a better bass, I didn't miss anything in the Analysis Audio that made me want more.

Still haven't heard the CLX so can't compare, but much better than the CLSII (which I heard on a high end amplification and cabling as well (Edge amps, gutwire cable, Harmonic resoution supports and Foo, Acoustic Research CD)

Last edited:
I meant to e-mail you to tell you I was going to the Bristol show but forgot. By the time I got your PM it was too late. Sorry! But I know you would have gone anyway.

The Analysis Omegas won't be more full range than the Duetta, which goes down to 25Hz... I'd be amazed if the Analysis did more. But they are bloody good though, aren't they? I really liked them when I heard them years ago... maybe 15-20 now. Whilst they don't sound the same as Duettas you can tell they are of the same breed. They do some things better and some things worse but overall a great speaker I think.

I listened to this system, with the new Naim Statement amp.

Best I have heard the Grand Utopia sound I think.

Back