Lexus

• Thread starter audiophileman1234
  • Start date
MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

audiophileman1234

Has anyone heard the Mark Levinson audio system in a Lexus that has navigation. I was just wondering what you thought. I'm a Mark Levinson freak and i hope it sounds really good. So if you have heard this system then reply. Or if you heard another premium audio system in a car that you loved please tell me.
Andrew

The Mark Levinson system sounds very good... for a car system. I really dont know how much better you can get stock out of the factory.

My ’05 Dodge Magnum R/T came with the Boston Acoustics six channel speaker system. It sounds good for a factory installed speaker system but can’t compare to a good aftermarket upgrade.

Last edited:
FWIW - The Infinity sound system that was in my old Dodge Intrepid beat the pants off the Blose in my Infiniti G35.

aliveatfive said:
FWIW - The Infinity sound system that was in my old Dodge Intrepid beat the pants off the Blose in my Infiniti G35.

Ha ha. FWIW - The Blose system in my ML320 beats the pants off the Blose system in my son's Pathfinder.

audiophileman1234 said:
Has anyone heard the Mark Levinson audio system in a Lexus that has navigation. I was just wondering what you thought. I'm a Mark Levinson freak and i hope it sounds really good. So if you have heard this system then reply. Or if you heard another premium audio system in a car that you loved please tell me.
Andrew

Yes, I have a Lexus RX400h with the Levinson audio system (and have the navigation and rear DVD player). It sounds fantastic to me. The only hitch thus far is that I haven't been able to hook up my iPod other than through the cassette deck. I'm expecting the right products to be out later this year to enable that. The problem is with number of available inputs into the Levinson system -- all used up with the rear DVD, backup camera, nav system, etc.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

Jim Lippert
Fremont, CA

I've got a "wonderbar" in my '54 Buick, eat your hearts out tube freaks !!!!!!

My factory radio in my '69 Camaro RS/SS 396 has a high sound to noise ratio. You have to turn the sound way up to overcome all the engine and exhaust noise.

Craig said:
My factory radio in my '69 Camaro RS/SS 396 has a high sound to noise ratio. You have to turn the sound way up to overcome all the engine and exhaust noise.

What kind of ignition system do you have in your camaro?

I have an MSD ignition in my ’68 Mustang and it interacted with the Kenwood CD player I had in the stang. A friend of mind told me that Kenwood’s don’t have much, if any shielding and are very susceptible to radio and magnetic interference (like a high power aftermarket ignition system). I was curious now so I tried a pioneer deck, and my stereo in the Mustang is now clear and crisp.

Back