Lexicon it is. Now on to balanced lines...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpwden

Reaction score
OK! So, everyone watched on the edge of their seats as I chose between a SS amp and a tube amp for my new ML ESL-Xs. Im sure, like the election, there was both cries and applause when I ended up with the Lexicon 312 (Bryston 5B-ST). Probably not.

Now the question is cables: The pre-outs on my Denon X3700H are RCA. The Lexicon will take an RCA, or a balanced XLR or 1/4" TRS. So, heres the question:
1. Just get good, short RCAs and call it a day?
2. Spend the money on a direct box and balance the signal?

Id never heard of a direct box until 5 minutes ago. I dont even know how much they cost yet. Before I throw a bunch of time into researching them and what to get, it is even worth worrying about doing all that, or just spend $30 on some nice RCA cables and be done with it?

TIA!

Just get some decent RCAs... less likely to introduce any hum, etc. than mucking about with injection boxes, etc.

How far away is the amp going to be from the receiver?

Russ

It sounds like the run isn't long, so just get nice RCA cables.

When I had a long run, 22', I used a XLR to RCA transformer (no hum) converter by RDL so I could run XLR to the amps and then convert. Not needed or wanted for short runs.

The amp will be sitting directly above the receiver. If I can find a 2 foot cable, the would be perfect.

Back