Leo Yeh Does CES - Nice Pics!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User211

Reaction score
Shot using a Canon 450D and it looks like processed by Capture One 6, Leo comes up trumps again.

Enjoy this chap as usual. His past show coverage pics have been the best I've seen on the web. This isn't quite as good as usual. Still well worth a look.

That Orcale Paris DAC looks cool. Plus note the Woo CD transport and DAC. And the price = very reasonable.

CES 2012 by Leo Yeh

I want to hear what the Estelon girl sounds like when... wait, I mean Estelon speakers... the speakers.

I want to hear what the Estelon girl sounds like when... wait, I mean Estelon speakers... the speakers.

She wants YOU, Todd. I can see by the glint in her eye.:)

Man vs Food - in Maine. Wow those lobsters had my saliva dripping earlier in the day. Somewhere in Elizabeth I believe. Ever had one, Todd?

Man vs Food - in Maine. Wow those lobsters had my saliva dripping earlier in the day. Somewhere in Elizabeth I believe. Ever had one, Todd?
Had one what? Lobster or Elizabeth ?

A'yuh, Cape Elizabeth, Maine to be precise. Home of not only the Lobster Shack at Two Lights (where Adam indulged in that sweet, sweet crustaceanny treat), but also Portland Headlight, one of New England’s many wonderful lighthouses… and some say “The most photographed lighthouse in the world”… which seems tenuously unprovable at best :) but indeed, just Google-Image "Portland Headlight" and enjoy the plethora.

There's no doubt that some of the best casual outdoor dining in this area is there at the Lobster Shack (which I do indeed frequent in the less cryogenic months)… and their “lobstah rolls” are excellent if a bit up-priced in order to leverage all those tourist dollars. BUT, they’re hopelessly outmatched by the transcendent offering of The Pool Street Market. This is a tiny little neighborhood market just a few miles south of here where one can obtain the biggest (unfinishably big) fresh lobster meat roll prepared exactly to your liking (and may I recommend mayo, iceberg lettuce, and bacon? You won’t be sorry).

Now the Pool Street Market is located in Biddeford on Pool Street (I know, what a coincidence!) in a relatively sketchy (read dodgy) neighborhood. As such, my m.o. when ordering is to pre-order by phone, swoop in, quickly liberate these monsters of miraculous meatiness, and then speedily vector away. In fact, the coup de gras is to take the Pool Street roll back to the Lobster Shack picnic area and enjoy the looks of confusion and envy from the surrounding touristas as you tauntingly nibble the massive delight (literally four times the size for about the same price). Good times ;) ... and now I too am salivating!

A'yuh, Cape Elizabeth, Maine to be precise. Home of not only the Lobster Shack at Two Lights (where Adam indulged in that sweet, sweet crustaceanny treat), but also Portland Headlight, one of New England’s many wonderful lighthouses… and some say “The most photographed lighthouse in the world”… which seems tenuously unprovable at best :) but indeed, just Google-Image "Portland Headlight" and enjoy the plethora.

There's no doubt that some of the best casual outdoor dining in this area is there at the Lobster Shack (which I do indeed frequent in the less cryogenic months)… and their “lobstah rolls” are excellent if a bit up-priced in order to leverage all those tourist dollars. BUT, they’re hopelessly outmatched by the transcendent offering of The Pool Street Market. This is a tiny little neighborhood market just a few miles south of here where one can obtain the biggest (unfinishably big) fresh lobster meat roll prepared exactly to your liking (and may I recommend mayo, iceberg lettuce, and bacon? You won’t be sorry).

Now the Pool Street Market is located in Biddeford on Pool Street (I know, what a coincidence!) in a relatively sketchy (read dodgy) neighborhood. As such, my m.o. when ordering is to pre-order by phone, swoop in, quickly liberate these monsters of miraculous meatiness, and then speedily vector away. In fact, the coup de gras is to take the Pool Street roll back to the Lobster Shack picnic area and enjoy the looks of confusion and envy from the surrounding touristas as you tauntingly nibble the massive delight (literally four times the size for about the same price). Good times ;) ... and now I too am salivating!

Waves of envy emanate from across the pond. Remarkably, Bristol is terrible for fresh fish, port town though it is. Or at least I have yet to discover a good shop selling it. But there is a fish market - it just isn't great.

However, we do have a couple of lighthouses here in Portishead, the first is walkable from my house in 10 minutes. The Bristol channel is so murky with mud & sand, I think the fish try to stay away! However, we do get a view over the channel from our house that can amaze in the summer at sunset, as the light bounces of the water and then hits the clouds. Nice, but gimme the lobsters anyday:). St Ives is usually where I pig out on fresh turbot and crab. The crab sandwiches in nearby Mousehill have no equal. Just amazing. So good old Cornwall saves the day - it is just a 3 hour drive, unfortunately!

2362758422_a5c2b31116_z.jpg

portishead-battery-point.jpg

Just thought I'd add Man vs Food is my fave US TV show at the moment. Just discovered it, and can't get enough of it. Adam it just such a great presenter and all round good chap. Really makes for fab viewing!

Last edited:
Just thought I'd add Man vs Food is my fave US TV show at the moment. Just discovered it, and can't get enough of it. Adam it just such a great presenter and all round good chap. Really makes for fab viewing!

Great photos... thanks for posting.

Adam does seem like a good bloke all-in-all... though the most recent episodes (that I've seen) of MvF have him coaching others rather than taking on those truly death-defying chow challenges himself. I have to assume "Doctor's orders".

BTW, I just watched "The Trip" with Rob Brydon and Steve Coogan... while it dragged on a bit and seemed to have gotten a bit too melodramatic wrt Coogan's fake "real-life" goings-on, there were more than a few fall-down-funny moments IMO.

Back