Led Zeppelin (Box Set)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Artist / Title: Led Zeppelin (Box Set)
Year of Release: 1990
Record Label: Atlantic
Genre: Rock

Led Zeppelin consisted of: Robert Plant on vocals, harmonica; Jimmy Page on guitar; John Paul Jones on bass, keyboards; John Bonham on drums. Led Zeppelin is one of the greatest Rock and Roll bands of all time. This great band were together from 1969 – 1980. The band was in their prime, when I first saw them live. I attended a concert, at the LA Forum, in Inglewood, California. They where introduced by, Linda Lovelace. It was 1975… Wow, does that brings back some memories… I still can see everything so clearly, like it was just yesterday, although it was difficult to see the band, that evening through the haze of marijuana smoke in the forum. Their was so much grass in the air that night, just breathing you got high, so sorry I digress... Anyway, they played all of my favorite songs that night, “Stairway To Heaven”, “Kashmir”, “Black Dog”, “Houses Of The Holy”, “Going To California” and so many more... I remember everyone spontaneously, lighting their lighters during “Stairway”, it was really moving... The concert was so incredibly loud my ears and chest were aching, as I was walking back to the car, with my boyfriend. It was a magical concert, just wonderful…, and so are all four of these CD's in this fabulous “Box Set”… :D

The Led Zeppelin hit “All Of MY Love”, was dedicated to Robert Plant’s son Karac, who died tragically of a virus. A lot of folks don’t know that the boys from Led Zeppelin and Elvis Presley became quite friendly in the 1970’s. They met on numerous occasions and Led Zeppelin attended at least two Elvis Presley concerts, sitting front row center. Following the untimely death of John Bonham from asphyxiation in 1980, Led Zeppelin called it quits. I remember Robert Plant saying something to the effect, ‘We can’t continue as Led Zeppelin without John’, ‘It just wouldn’t be Led Zeppelin without the heart of the band.’ Most appropriately, Led Zeppelin was inducted into the ‘Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’ in 1995.

All of the tracks were personally selected and sequenced by Jimmy Page along with Robert Plant and John Paul Jones. The box set also contains a 36-page booklet with writings from Cameron Crowe, Robert Palmer and others. Two thirds of their rock hits are here, on this retrospective box set. I love this, Led Zeppelin box set so much, I bought it for my eldest son (Generation-X) and he loves it and plays it all of the time… :D

This is an excellent collection of Led Zeppelin’s classics.
I highly recommend this powerful Rock and Roll box set… :D

Cheers

-Robin

Attachments

• B000002IQ1.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B000002IQ1.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 320
Back