Lack of treble?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

billvanderkris

Has anybody had trouble with lack of treble? with Aerius i's, I put some music on the other day and there was was a distinct lack of treble, and mid range,
the stats are working, but somewhat reduced, like they're clipping, has anybody got a circuit diagram or any ideas.

Try unplugging them for more than 24 hours, maybe two days. Then vacuum them until you think it's excessive and every square inch has been done three times. I've done this for 45 minutes once, it was hard work.

When you plug them back in let them sit for a couple of hours, turn on the amp and preamp let them warm up for 20 minutes more.

Things should sound better.

Do you have a Cardas record for degaussing?

If this helps just a tiny bit, then I have a lot of ideas for getting sparkle back into your system. However things do age and replacement panels are an option. I'd wash them in water before that to give them one last chance (see tweaks section).

Let us kow how the cleaning goes if the 1st tweak does not do it. It really sound like some film has gotten on the panel (s). Is this problem with both speakers? If so you mighy look to some other problem like source/preamp/wiring/amp etc.

Joel

billvanderkris said:
Has anybody had trouble with lack of treble? with Aerius i's, I put some music on the other day and there was was a distinct lack of treble, and mid range,
the stats are working, but somewhat reduced, like they're clipping, has anybody got a circuit diagram or any ideas.

If the problem occured suddently, and regards both speakers, it might be something else, not related to the speakers but to your gear or cables.

I bit the bullet and gave them a wash, the difference was quite marked, they are almost like new! Thanks to all you guys for your contributions, I shall certainly watch this site with greater interest!!

billvanderkris said:
Thanks to all you guys for your contributions, I shall certainly watch this site with greater interest!!

Congrats!

For some reason, I dont know if this is my nerd-side talking, but your second sentence was read by my brain in Emperor Palpatine's voice.... he said the exact same thing towards Anaking (little Anakin) at the end of the first SW movie.

Back