Kimber Kable Select

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longhorn

Reaction score
I notice there have not been many reviews written on this cable series. Does anyone on this board use Kimber Kable Select? How would you compare them to say..................... Nordost vaunted Valhalla series?

Thank you in advance.

ive had 3033's and 3035's and i have to say i was not all that impressed. they had very good dynamics on the top end, but lacked richness on the low end.

...but thats just one guys opinion.

My personal opinion (listen for yourself!) is that they are very upfront and 'busy'. Too tiring for my taste... But the silver Select cables are definitely better than the copper ones, sounding more relaxed in the midrange.

Kimber Select

Hi,
I've had Kimber Select interconnects in my system for a while - the KS 1021 (unshielded) and lately the KS 1120 (shielded). I like both of them, maybe the 1021 the most. They are obviously a high quality product, and worth auditioning.

Compared to my Nordost Blue Heaven, they give some more detail, but are a little leaner. The top end is maybe a little sweeter in the KS and transients are a little "slower", especially in the 1120. I'm going back to the Nordosts, as they are a better match in my system. Better value also.

I have not tried the KS speaker wires.

Regards
Svein

System:
Linn LP12/Ortofon Kontrapunkt /Linn Linto
Linn Klimax Control Pre/Linn 2250 Power
Theta Miles CD
Martin Logan Aeon-i
Nordost BH Speaker Cable
PS audio Ultimate Outlet and Power Cables

Ive tried Kimber Select and Nordost Valhalla speaker cables with my system but preferred Zero Autoformers - slightly more detail as well as a tighter and more extended bass. Also Zero's are only a fraction of the price of the dearer cables.

Latest posts

Back