Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've banned KEVIN from the site and let him know he's not welcome to participate here anymore.

Please let me know if you think he's re-registered as someone else.

Tom.

Jeff Zaret

Reaction score
Thanks Tom!
I was getting tired of all his petty comments and that he knew better than anyone else.

Jeff :D

Peter_Klim

Reaction score
Jeff Zaret said:
Thanks Tom!
I was getting tired of all his petty comments and that he knew better than anyone else.

Jeff :D
Yeah, I didn't mind that he disagreed with the way the majority of the people here felt about the differences in SQ with different speaker wires (at this point I do not believe they sound any different, but that doesn't mean you guys can't hear a difference), but it was just his nasty arguementive snobbish know-it-all attitude about it. And then having to read it over and over again in numerous posts.

But his ignorant statements about room acoustics was quite a joke. I've never heard of such arguments.

I’m sure he’ll try to sign up again. Tom, is there anyway of you being able to view a user’s IP address to see if they match?

Jeff Zaret

Reaction score
I may be dating myself but he, Kevin, reminded me of Eddie Haskel from "Leave it to Beaver. LOL :D

risabet

Reaction score
Glad he's gone. It's one thing to argue if you know what you're talking about but in his case, oh well!

TomDac

Staff member
Reaction score
Peter_Klim said:
I’m sure he’ll try to sign up again. Tom, is there anyway of you being able to view a user’s IP address to see if they match?
I know his IP address range and he will be able to register using another IP address, so let's just keep on the lookout for him. I don't care if he lurks and quite frankly I don't care if he assumes another identity and posts stuff. As long as it's in a civil manner. His lack of respect for others on the site is what got him banned.

Tom.

DavidG

Reaction score
TomDac said:
I know his IP address range and he will be able to register using another IP address, so let's just keep on the lookout for him. I don't care if he lurks and quite frankly I don't care if he assumes another identity and posts stuff. As long as it's in a civil manner. His lack of respect for others on the site is what got him banned.

Tom.

I couldn't agree more. Everyone is entitled to express an opinion, as long as it is done in a polite and civilised way. Healthy debate is good and frequently very helpful for the people envolved - it should be encouraged. BUT there is most definately no need to be offensive!

Cheers,

David

mattables

Reaction score
I don't know the whole story, but from what I have read in this post it sounds like Keven was banned for being annoying, and perhaps a little name calling. If he used profanity, or posted some sexually explicit stuff, then by all means, kick him out. I, for one, enjoy reading posts where the conversation gets a little heated; it adds character to the site.
As I said above, I don't know the whole story, so if I am out of line, just let me know. I just hope we are not kicking out all arrogant jerks, I think they are good for the community. If you don't like what they have to say, don't read it, and especially don't reply to it.
As for how the new site is going thus far, I say great job to those who have donated so much time to making it great. I am generally quite and don't post much, but I read all of the advice/commentary offered on this site as part of my daily routine.

Thanks,

Matt

attyonline

Reaction score
Gee, I was wondering why I was enjoying the site so much more recently. ;) Seriously, the guy did not know much but acted like he was an expert on everything so his presence will not be missed by me.

A

ARCVT100

Obviously Mattables wasn't a target of Kevin or he may not feel so bad about the ban. Besides who said this forum was a democracy? Good job SYSOPS!!!

garmtz

Reaction score
Kevin posted totally FALSE statements regarding room acoustics for example. I for one don't want malinformed members stating lies as the truth and being a major annoyance at the same time.

Muad'Dib

Reaction score
I'm annoyed that he was banned at this time. I would have liked to see why exactly he thinks the ear is flawed (as seen in the thread about power cables).

-D

TomDac

Staff member
Reaction score
Muad'Dib said:
I'm annoyed that he was banned at this time. I would have liked to see why exactly he thinks the ear is flawed (as seen in the thread about power cables).

-D
His disrespect for others on the site began quite awhile ago on the old site. He has gotten several emails from me and I recieved numerous complaints from multiple users. When we went to this new software, he got ONE chance and I told him it was his only chance. It was all done in a very professional manner. Unfortunately for him, he could not curb his apparent desire to Piss people off.

Luckily, after over two years of running this site, this is the first time I've had to resort to banning someone. I hope it's the last. I like to think this is a place where everyone can discuss audio stuff and of course, MartinLogan products with others in a very professional and courteous manner.

With that being said, I'll now close this thread.

Thanks!

Tom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.