Just Placed my order

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiogeek1007

Reaction score
I just ordered my new system. McIntosh MVP861...Nad Masters Series M15 & M25...Vantage in black and Depth in Black. Sold off my Infinity Intermezzo to help pay for the system. I went with the NAD after listening to Mac MX119 & MC207, Krell Showcase & Denon AVR5805. I liked the Mac stuff the best but it came in at $13,000 vs $6000 for the NAD. NAD was a very close second and at 1/2 the price it allowed me to buy the DVD player I really wanted. Next purchase is the Stage once I see it. I will probally upgrade to the Descent and Summits in a year. It is about 3/4 weeks away. I will keep you posted.

Sweet!

Sounds like the makings of a good, No make that a grate system. :D

Post some pics for us when you get it setup.

Nice sounding gear ! Itrully believe both NAD and Rotel make damn good stuff for the $$$ outlayed. As Joe said we look forward to seeing your set-up !!

Good luck with your system and I hope you remember to keep us posted with pics and impressions!

Did you audition the M55 with the rest of the NAD equipment? If so, what was your opinion? How did you like the features of the M15?

I got the NAD M15 & 25 today Well let me rephrase that. I got the M15 pre-amp up to my apt on the 5th floor the M25 is sitting in my trunk. Only weighs 115lbs. Tomorrow I will go buy a hand truck to get this thing in. I will post my initial feelings when I get the amp upstairs. I will let you know how it sounds once the MAC and Logans arrive.

As for the dvd player ...It came down to the Krell DVD Standard...Lexicon RT20...MAC MVP 861 and the M55...Mac had the best black levels and best sound. No HDTV yet so HDMI not important and I will have ps3 when i do get hdtv. Just my opinions and just like my proctologist says...everybody's got one.

good luck lifting that monster out of your trunk !! I got to see the very same NAD's perform at the New Hi-Fi House in Wilmington, De. earlier this week.......very impressive, I trust you will be a happy camper !! Don't give yourself a rupture and send in some pics !

Everything is in place except the Vantages and the depth. Once everything is in place I will post some pictures and give my thoughts. Now I am wondering if I should get the Vistas and the Descent? Decisions...Decisions...Decisions

audiogeek1007 said:
Everything is in place except the Vantages and the depth. Once everything is in place I will post some pictures and give my thoughts. Now I am wondering if I should get the Vistas and the Descent? Decisions...Decisions...Decisions

I'll make it easy for you... go Vantage AND Descent. Kill off the upgrade bug... I shouldnt went straight for the Summits and saved myself the hassle of upgrading repeatedly.

There is no difference between the Depth and Descent IMO. Descent plays a little louder and a couple hz lower, but highly unlikely you could hear the difference unless you had a huge room. Hookup options are actually better on the Depth for two channel users. I have a small room 17 x 13 and the added money for the Descent would be wasted here. I would use the money elsewhere in my system.

Latest posts

Back