Just passed a GOOD deal on a Rotel RB1090 top of the line amp... so sad!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Man, I was trying my best to swing for the Rotel RB1090 2ch reference amplifier to replace my RB1070, but in the end, with 2nd year med school starting and all the books and review courses to buy and sign up for..... I... just.... couldnt... swing it.

DANG.

:(

I tried to see if I could reroute my finances and if I could get by with a hole in my pocket and while I could swing it, it would be a tight fit.

I decided, against the wishes of my inner-audio-self, to stick with my good ol' RB1070 to power my ML Mosaics and prevent a large hit on my account.

Stupid school, stupid books.... :mad: .

I'm sure others here have encountered an upgrade that they *could've* swung for, but was just a bit tooooo tight and decided against it - or still went for it (you cavalier you!!)... well, I wasnt able to swing this one.

I do have to be grateful that I have the RB1070, which was a large upgrade from my previous power source - the Harman Kardon 330 receiver. Gotta put a positive side to things... :eek: .

Just wanted to vent.. sorry guys.

Joey_V said:
I'm sure others here have encountered an upgrade that they *could've* swung for, but was just a bit tooooo tight and decided against it

... or in some cases it was just a bit too early (like those of us fairly new Odyssey / Prodigy owners who're wondering right about now how much happier we'd be with the Summits).

Yeah... In the end, though, these are nice problems to have; if you want perspective, just think of those in New Orleans right now (my small-business-owning friends just mailed to say they're resigned to starting their lives over with nothing but each other). Our blues ain' like theirs.

Joey_V said:

Hang in their Joey,

Finish school first, that’s the important thing. Once you get that behind you good thing will start to happen. I graduated from collage in September of ’03, it’s been tuff to find a job but now that I have and I am getting my experience I need, thing are really looking up. And they will for you to. Our hobbies keep us sane, but the job pays the bills.

I was listening to a Sony boom box for 5 years back in the college days... and yet still be able to enjoy the music.
Before you know it, Doctor, you'll be looking at Audio Research, not Rotel.

Joey_V said:
Man, I was trying my best to swing for the Rotel RB1090 2ch reference amplifier to replace my RB1070, but in the end, with 2nd year med school starting and all the books and review courses to buy and sign up for..... I... just.... couldnt... swing it.

DANG. :(

Awwhhh man don't sweat it so much. I truly believe there are reasons for things happening, and in the future you will get something you want for your system when the right time comes. We all have those "spur of the moment" times.

When the stupid school and stupid books are done and you have yourself a nice job making bucks, you will look back and laugh at this time in your life and the problems of being able to purchase something. I don't mean to sound like a parent or anything like that, but your time will come...patience grasshopper, patience... :D

Dan

Thanks for the kind words guys.. always a great group of people here.

I need patience and I must learn to control spending. I should be grateful for what I have... it is far more than what I need anyway.

Grasshopper will learn the value of patience. :)

Joey V

Hang in there because we all have been there. It will come when it is ready and you will enjoy it. At least you have goals and something to dream about. This is a positive step. :D

Jeff :cool:

All good things...

Joey,

I can honestly say, from personal experince, that credit card debt is easy to get sucked into. I let it happen to me, once upon a time... I had to learn to bite the bullet and save-up for my toys... It was a hard life lesson for me to learn the hard way, but I did... IMHO, Delayed gratification is a good thing to learn, from a financial piont of view... As you know, recently, I purchased a new, Anthem Statement P5 amplifier for, $5,000.00 (USD). I saved up for 10 months, and bought it cash. It feels good to not owe anyone for my toys.

When you become a MD, someday... you will have the greatest sounds anywhere. :D That will truly be a wonderful experince. :D

Cheers

-Robin

Thanks Jeff, Robin, Dan, Eric, Joe, Sakhavi for the tips and future well-wishings!! :D

I'm glad that I have 0 credit card debt. I only use it to pay for the daily stuff and the occasional splurge, but I make sure to budget wisely and pay full every month so as to not allow a snowball effect.

I could've swung the 1090.... but that would leave me with a huge dent in my savings account and it doesnt sit well with me in case I need that money for some emergency.

Ah well... as of today, the guy sold it to someone else - so it's good that I no longer have access to buying it. A bittersweet relief. :)

Back