Just ordered my new ML Vantages!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob1957

Reaction score
... to go with my Primare A30.5 and Meridian G61 :banana:

... to go with my Primare A30.5 and Meridian G61 :banana:

Hi Bob,

I just noticed that I'm not the only Primare fan on this board. I own the SPA21 which is connected to my Aeon i's (no surrounds). I'll admit that I've be very tempted at times to get a 2 channel monster amp like the Plinius, Sunfire or Pass Labs - the new favorite on these forums. There are 2 problems though - 1) It can get very costly since I'd also have to get a separate DAC converter for my SB3 & 2) I'm very happy with my SPA21 in terms of power and sound quality.

It would be interesting to see how your A30.5 matches with the Vantages and what other thoughts you have about other amps compared with the Primare. Good luck and let us know how the new system works out.

Regards,

Z

This is my fourth pair of ML speakers (Aerius, Aerius i, Aeon i) and I am really looking forward to the new XStat panel and powered bass driver. I am afraid, however that I may burst before they get here next Saturday. If you hear a KABOOM from the direction of Northern California, you'll know what it is. ;)

Bob

Like you I had Aeon-i before the Vantages. You'll love the new panels! They need many dozen hours of play time before they sing sweetly. Mine started out crappy, improved, became nice, became shrill and edgy, and improved again. Now they sing. It was worth the wait :music:. You'll see. Congrats!

You should be very happy with the Vantages!

I noticed that mine just started out a little rolled off on top and a touch lacking in dynamics (but very good right out of the box....)

Got em on Friday morning and let them play non stop. By Monday evening everything was ducky! If there is any way you can just let em play you should be over the hump in no time!

Enjoy...

This is my fourth pair of ML speakers (Aerius, Aerius i, Aeon i) and I am really looking forward to the new XStat panel and powered bass driver. I am afraid, however that I may burst before they get here next Saturday. If you hear a KABOOM from the direction of Northern California, you'll know what it is. ;)

Bob

OK Bob.. You've had 3 different kinds of Logans and you're just now getting involved on this site? Grrr. AND you're in the Bay Area!?! Sah-weeeeeet! Glad you're here. Where did you buy the Vantages, and more importantly, when can I come and listen to them!?!

:)

Tom.

I got them last weekend, and they have about 20 hours of playing time on them so far. The bass was a little weak right out of the box, but that improved substantially just over the course of last Saturday - about 8 hours. Unfortunately, I am in the process of house shopping and preparing for a move, so there are boxes of books, and other assorted junk stacked everywhere. Doesn't make for the greatest listening environment. Hope to fix that as soon as I find a house I can afford (not easy here in Silicon Valley.) :eek:

Back