Just ordered my Martins this wkend.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi everyone;

Been reading the posts on this site for the last 2 months. I first heard the martin (vantage) this summer at my local tweeter. I totally fell in love with them. Been talking with the sales people about putting together a system. Then, I bought a new construction home, finishing time this december and the manager called me this weekend telling my about the sell tweeter was having. So I went in and put down 20% for a whole theater system anchored by a pair of Vantage. I then asked him to check if it was possible to get the Vantage in birds eye maple like the summit. And I just got a call stating they can do it but takes alittle longer and for the same price as the regular maple wood, $4800. I am so excited. Will post pictures in 6-8 weeks when everything is installed. :music:

Best of luck with those Vantages. Remember, you're going to have some "break-in" time with them. The soundstage may seem a little flat and compressed when first taken out of the box (this was my experience) but they will open up wonderfully with some hours on them. :rocker:

Again, good choice and happy listening.

Best regards,

Marc

congrats...hope to see piccies of your set-up when you are all set up.

thanks guys, I can't wait. Now if I could just decide which amp to get. I already bought a demo Krell SACD player from tweeter, the thing is so heavy and nice and sounded amazing in the store. Will be getting the Krell s1000 prepro, it will have the HDMI 1.3 upgrade after this month. But I am just not sold on the krell s1500 with its 150watt per channel but only 1.4 kw power supply. What are your thoughts?

Now if I could just decide which amp to get. I already bought a demo Krell SACD player from tweeter, the thing is so heavy and nice and sounded amazing in the store. Will be getting the Krell s1000 prepro, it will have the HDMI 1.3 upgrade after this month. But I am just not sold on the krell s1500 with its 150watt per channel but only 1.4 kw power supply. What are your thoughts?

First off....... Welcome to the fold ! BTW, Your the first member of the forum that's damn near a neighbor ! I'm about twenty miles to the East of you ! Anyways, I'm sure you'll love your Vantage's , I do mine.

It sounds as if your intent is for multi-channell.....music , HT or both ?? If your real passion is music I would suggest a two channel amp on the Vantage's and a 'multi' amp for the remaning channels. I can't comment on the Krell piece you speak of, but being a 2.1 guy first and foremost I want that area unincumbered by anything 'multi channeled'.

Wow, hey hhey and twitch, beautiful systems both of you. Can I come listen to your system sometime? Until I came to this website, I didn't hear too much about plinius. I will mostly use the system for 2 channel music, but on weekends for movies. I don't have the funds for a 2 channel ML rig and a separate movie rig. I recently moved back to PA from NC, when I was there I heard the parasounds at a dealer (it was A21) and they sounded fab. I was thinking of picking up a pair of JC1 mono on audiogon and the new JC2 preamp. But was wondering, how do you integrate a 2 channel preamp with a surround receiver? If I could do that then I can get a cheap Onkyo with HDMI 1.3 for dolby trueHD but have my reference 2 channel rig at the same time. Appreciate any help and input as this is only my 2nd foray into audio. My first was a all Gallos Acoustic 7.1 set up with Onkyo NR1000 as receiver. Nice and airy but too bright for my taste and I gave it to my dad. thanks again, everyone:music:

I will mostly use the system for 2 channel music, but on weekends for movies.But was wondering, how do you integrate a 2 channel preamp with a surround receiver? /QUOTE]

If Two channel music is your primary goal then put your hard earned $$ there and let a 5.1 system follow.

If you haven't bought your pre/pro yet I would stick with a good two channel pre-amp with HT pass through, this will allow the integration of the two channel front end with the surround receiver or processor.

Thanks, I am planning on going to united home audio in DC in a couple of weeks to audition the Linar Audio amps they have. Looked very impressive on paper and designed by founder of Sim Audio. Will keep everyone posted of my new adventure in audioland.

Latest posts

Back