Just heard the Vantage...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joey_V said:
Alright guys... I'm gonna travel 16 miles to listen to the Vantage at a non-Tweeter store.
Remember to pack a suitcase for your extensive road trip :D Sorry...could not resist. (this is from someone who drove 9.5 hours each way to purchase ML's)

Hopefully this store will have things setup correctly with some better electronics.

Dan

Joey_V said:
Alright guys... I'm gonna travel 16 miles to listen to the Vantage at a non-Tweeter store. Hopefully, we'll get some better electronics and a better listening room to evaluate these monsters.

Joey

If you call them first and tell them your coming they should have them all setup and ready for your audition.

twich54 said:
Do yourself a favor go to a REAL store(NOT TWEETER) to audition these fine speakers properly. The fact that any merchant would put a receiver up against them tells you he/she dosen't know their you know what from third base !!!!!

Also the fact that M/L allows Tweeter to carry their product is not a good sign.
$$$$$$$=greed..ahhh the American way !!

I would like anyone who doesn't feel like they can get a solid ML demo from a Tweeter store to come down to Nashville. I will admit for a while all we had to power our speakers with "nicer" receivers, and we wern't doin the speakers any justice. We currenty have the claritys, aeonis, and the vantages set-up on Krell's KAV400 integrated amp and thier SACD standard. It shames me to hear that people aren't getting proper demos with this awesome equipment. Like I said, if anyone is in the greater Nashville area, it would be my pleasure to knock you of your feet with a very well set up ML demo.

Last edited:
Today I happened to stop in one of 4 Sound Advice (Tweeter) stores in the Tampa Bay area to see what was new. I was glad to see they had the Vantage hooked up to the stores top-of-the-line stuff.

The setup was the same as you described. Vantage speakers powered with a Krell 400Xi and a Krell SACD Standard with an SACD and a redbook demo disc. This was a respectable setup and they sounded awesome and I doubt the Vantage was even broken in. If I was a serious buyer today I'm sure they would have let me A/B with other speakers in the store.

I would have spent more time listening but I wasn't buying today and didn't want to get in the way of thier other customers. The salesman was knowledgable and also a ML owner himself. Sound Advice is certainly not a high-end audiophile store but a great place to buy MLs with excellent customer service to back it up. Not to mention a great speaker upgrade program.

kdiddy said:
I would like anyone who doesn't feel like they can get a solid ML demo from a Tweeter store to come down to Nashville. I will admit for a while all we had to power our speakers with "nicer" receivers, and we wern't doin the speakers any justice. We currenty have the claritys, aeonis, and the vantages set-up on Krell's KAV400 integrated amp and thier SACD standard. It shames me to hear that people aren't getting proper demos with this awesome equipment. Like I said, if anyone is in the greater Nashville area, it would be my pleasure to knock you of your feet with a very well set up ML demo.
"Nicer" receivers, I don't belive they exist. Yes there versitility for use in home theater is good but anybody that spends upwards of $4000 and thinks they will be comensurate in two-channel listening is only kidding themselves and their speakers!! You now have your store mated to Krell, thats very good, but I bet Tweeter can't put two or three more other competent pieces of equipment up against them !!!! It's good to hear that your store hopefully has them set up correct, for the store in Wilmington, De. is a joke !! The good news is that down the road Overture Audio will allow auditioning through a large selection of pre and power amplification.

twich54 said:
"Nicer" receivers, I don't belive they exist. Yes there versitility for use in home theater is good but anybody that spends upwards of $4000 and thinks they will be comensurate in two-channel listening is only kidding themselves and their speakers!! You now have your store mated to Krell, thats very good, but I bet Tweeter can't put two or three more other competent pieces of equipment up against them !!!! It's good to hear that your store hopefully has them set up correct, for the store in Wilmington, De. is a joke !! The good news is that down the road Overture Audio will allow auditioning through a large selection of pre and power amplification.

I agree, this is the reason I used quotations and also why I said we were doing the speakers an injustice. To be blunt, I was very disappointed by not being able to power our Logans to thier full potential. I believe that our speakers are set up well, relative to thier room of course. There are about 3 other sets of towers on the same wall. If we pull them out quite a bit, and move all the other towers to the side(so nothing but the wall is behind the Logans) they sound really nice; very wide stage, deadly acurate center staging and awesome seperation. Now of course they could sound much better in a dedicated room with the proper acoustical treatments, but given the room they are in, they still sound great. They are the nicest speakers I have heard so far, besting my old favortie, the Grand Pianos. And yes, we have nothing else in the store that will properly power these speakers, aside from the Krell. We can only work with what we are given, but we are making the best of it. I'd kill to carry McIntosh.

I've been to Overture in Wilmington,Delaware and that is a great store to audition Logans or any other product.They're top notch,and will have a system setup for you when you arrive,and will also be there for you the entire time for assistance or any help.

Back