Just got my Fresco!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstring

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for steering me towards the Fresco as my new Center. This new little addition has really focused my front imaging in multichannel. I never really knew how bad the smearing was until I hooked it up. To those of you who suggested that ATF technology would be a good match to the ESL panels, you were right. They are very fast, complimenting the speed of the ESL panels. Next up...a descent :D hopefully sooner than later.

gstring said:
Thanks to all of you for steering me towards the Fresco as my new Center. This new little addition has really focused my front imaging in multichannel. I never really knew how bad the smearing was until I hooked it up. To those of you who suggested that ATF technology would be a good match to the ESL panels, you were right. They are very fast, complimenting the speed of the ESL panels. Next up...a descent :D hopefully sooner than later.
Hola gstring. I have a Fresco also. I had a Cinema i before, and the Fresco is the closest speaker to it. I know electrostatic is faster and cleaner, but the Fresco is very close. The voices are just right is size and in timbre. My system is now in a very small room, but that´s what I can have now, and the Fresco solved a lot of problems that I was having. It is good to know that you are as happy as I am. The ATF tech. needs more break-in time than the electrostatic, wait a few months, and you will be more happy with it!!!. Will get more precise, more fast, less edgy, less bright, more muscal, less room dependent, more focused, more space, more sexy!!! The ATF is very efficient. I had to increase the front side (CLSIIzs) over 7dBs more than the Fresco and now everything is singing to my liking. Happy listening and it is good to trust in our ears!!!
Pura vida,
Roberto.

Matbe a Fresco in my future ????

Glad to hear your happy with your Fresco purchase. I am still wrestling with which center to mate with my Vantage.....Fresco.....Cinema i..... or wait for M/L's new intro next year, the later of which I'm pretty sure will be beyond my $$$ allowance(the wife has plans for a New Years resolution !!!) Anyway what is the going "street" price for a new Fresco and what are the thoughts on putting it with the Vantage's ??

Thanks !!

twich54 said:
Glad to hear your happy with your Fresco purchase. I am still wrestling with which center to mate with my Vantage.....Fresco.....Cinema i..... or wait for M/L's new intro next year, the later of which I'm pretty sure will be beyond my $$$ allowance(the wife has plans for a New Years resolution !!!) Anyway what is the going "street" price for a new Fresco and what are the thoughts on putting it with the Vantage's ??

Thanks !!

Dave,

I have space restrictions for my center which all but eliminated the theater and cinema. As Roberto eluded to previously, the ATF matches the timbre of the panels very well. ML notes on the packaging that the ATF's need about 100 hours of break in time. If it's this good now, I can't wait to hear what it sounds like broken in. It's funny, as I listen to DVD concerts I've heard many times before, it really does focus and resolve so much better than my previous center. I've not heard the Vantage yet, but ML seems to be manufacturing to a standard that really allows mixing of their higher end gear with that of their pro-sumer stuff. If WAF is a consideration, its much "lower" profile than the ESL centers should minimize that. As this was a present from the Mrs, it met her stamp of approval! check your PM.

Roberto, thanks for your help during this search.

twich54 said:
Anyway what is the going "street" price for a new Fresco and what are the thoughts on putting it with the Vantage's ??
Fresco is $1k unless you can get a discount from a store.

Dan

Fresco Center...

gstring said:
gstring,

Congradulations on your new Fresco center. It's a fantastic ML speaker. I agree with Roberto it has great timber. A wonderful acquision for a center channel.

Enjoy your new sound... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Update.

Well, it's been about 10 hrs since my initial post. As Roberto said, the Fresco has become smoother and noticebly less edgy. I'm really impressed at how it disappears into the soundstage. You would expect this from the ESL; however, for the Fresco to achieve a complimentary timbre, speaks well of the ATF. Needless to say, I'm very happy.

G

I've been using Frescos (in the surround channels) for about a year now. I first paired them with Ascent is, and later with Summits. My experience is very similar to yours. They seem to integrate well with the stats. Like the stats, however, I do find them rather directional. Good luck with your new aquisition.

sounding great

I too have a fresco as a center chanell speaker.Its matching up well with the scenarios on my left and right front.I love them. :D

Latest posts

Back