Jumper Clips On Summits

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stereonerd

Reaction score
6 Bayly St, Baylys Beach, 0377, New Zealand
Hi there, so the Summits I just bought didn't have jumper clips. The only jumper clips I've got are these, which on my Theos I could insert through the hole on the binding post. But the Summit has no such hole. So my question is this: will they work if I just tighten the binding posts on the metal? I don't want to cause a short-circuit or something. Thanks for your advice.

And of course, I forgot to add the pic.

Attachments

• jumper clip.png
    jumper clip.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
If the posts don't accept banana plugs, then you'll want to get some spade jumpers. The speakers come with jumpers too. ML might be able to supply you with some jumpers.

You can also buy some decent speaker cable and the spade ends. Then assemble your own.

Thanks. I've got banana plugs. My concern was that if I screw the binding posts in on these jumpers will that create the necessary connection between the treble and bass?
I don't think I'd do that. Just get some spade connectors and speaker cable to make your own. I made my own like that.

Thanks. I've got banana plugs. My concern was that if I screw the binding posts in on these jumpers will that create the necessary connection between the treble and bass?

to answer your question, yes they can work, but why do things 'half-assed' ? These aren't $50 Walmart speakers after all !! I agree with Robert, either make another pair with bananas or proper spades

to answer your question, yes they can work, but why do things 'half-assed' ? These aren't $50 Walmart speakers after all !! I agree with Robert, either make another pair with bananas or proper spades

... or just use a piece of stripped wire?!

I think I would either find the original jumper straps from ML or would make a banana jumper. If your speaker cable has spades you what to stay away from stacking 2 spades under the binding posts.

FWIW, owned the legacy Summits for about four years. Agree with Dave, Robert and Big Guy. Jumpers supplied by ML are marginal at best. Typically, you should make the jumpers from the same wire as your speaker cable (assuming good quality wire) with one end banana and the other spade. Other quality pre made jumpers from other manufacturers should also work if terminated as described above. Also, I recommend the "diagonal" jumper connection method.

Last edited:
FWIW, owned the legacy Summits for about four years. Agree with Dave, Robert and Big Guy. Jumpers supplied by ML are marginal at best. Typically, you should make the jumpers from the same wire as your speaker cable (assuming good quality wire) with one end banana and the other spade. Other quality pre made jumpers from other manufacturers should also work if terminated as described above. Also, I recommend the "diagonal" jumper connection method.
what is the diagonal jumper connection method? can u send a diagram

Can't go wrong with Twich54's recommendation of Ultra Signal Speaker wire. Get the classic Ultra and not the silver coated wire. There are serious issues with silver coated copper wires that you do not want. The regular "Ultra" wire is fantastic. Not too expensive and high quality. Also, meets or exceeds the required 12 ga wire demands of 4 ohm speakers. That is what I would buy!

There are serious issues with silver coated copper wires that you do not want.

The differences between the two "Ultra" wires, per Frank, are a matter of personal taste and system synergy. There were reported issues of excessive brightness with the original version which were addressed in the current model. I've had the silver coated versions for three and one half years in my system and have absolutely no issues. Please provide info on systems that you've heard with the silver version and the exact issues you experienced. And FWIW, I have mid-level Shunyata Research wire (PC's and IC's) in the remainder of my system and the synergy is quite good. IMHO, an uninformed generalization.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back