Joining the fold again

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjcarr

Reaction score
Well, couldn't stand it. Sold my ReQuests about a year ago and have been living with Magnepan MG10QR's since, but just can't live without that 'stat magic. I've got a pair of Aerius' on the way. Obviously a step down from the ReQuests but I don't have the room for them, and think the Aerius should be ideal for my setup:

Meridian 565 preamp/processor
Bel Canto 200.2
Cambridge Audio Azur 540D as transport/DVD
Adcom amp for surrounds
All home made silver interconnects
DIY shielded power cables
DIY 10" passive radiator sub (surprisingly good, much more musical than the 15" NHT it replaced)
Currently MG10QR's, soon to be ML Aerius'

Weclome back to the ML magic.

Nice equipment list there. What do you use for a center channel and surrounds? It's also nice to see another DIY cable maker in the fold :D

I have some Definitive Tech BP 1.2x for the surrounds, but I'm not a fan of center channels so I phantom it.

J

jjcarr said:
... and think the Aerius should be ideal for my setup:

Meridian 565 preamp/processor

Meridian and M/L are a great combo. I loved my 565 up until I got my 568 :)

You really need to play with the 'Depth' settings and 'width' settings in Trifield and Dolby Digitial to workd best with the ML's, the defaults are not always the best.

Enjoy, and welcome back.

JonFo said:
Meridian and M/L are a great combo. I loved my 565 up until I got my 568 :)

You really need to play with the 'Depth' settings and 'width' settings in Trifield and Dolby Digitial to workd best with the ML's, the defaults are not always the best.

Enjoy, and welcome back.

Did you notice a significant improvement in sound with the 568 vs the 565? I'm tempted to upgrade for the improved setup and balanced outputs. My only 2 complaints about the 565 are the remote (I want a handheld) and the setup is such a pain I don't like to play with it often.

The Bel Canto amp works really well with the Logans. I previously had it connected to a set of ReQuests (the ones I did the x-over mod on in the tweeks section) and it was about the only 'stat speaker I'd owned which would really take control of the room I had them in (25'x30'x25')

James

jjcarr said:
Did you notice a significant improvement in sound with the 568 vs the 565? I'm tempted to upgrade for the improved setup and balanced outputs. My only 2 complaints about the 565 are the remote (I want a handheld) and the setup is such a pain I don't like to play with it often.

James, Immediately noticed an improvement. The setup is definitely easier with a 568. Also a 568 will accept 88.2/16 upsampled streams, which sounds really good when coming from a clean rip via the HTPC.

As for remotes (to any Meridian) I use Meedio Housebot and its 5xx plug-in and a WiFi based PDA as the remote. You design the remote to be whatever you want it to look like. Coolest feature is bidirectional capabilities, so you can 'see' the Meridian display feedback on the PDA screen

Back