Joey's VANTAGE has landed!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
It's here, it's here!!!

The ML Vantage in Dark Cherry has landed and has made a nice little home in my bedroom! I installed my newly acquired XFi soundcard (thanks to my GF over Christmas) and everything is up and running great! I did have a temporary hiccup - the stupid XFi drivers crashed my computer and I had to do a format and a clean install of WinXP. Grrrr..... :mad: .

Now, at 4am, the 'puter is back up and running... the Vantage are playing in the background and everything is A-OK (aside from a few lost files).

I'll post pics and the entire story tomorrow so stay tuned!

:D :D :D

(You can tell I'm ecstatic!!)

congrats! It's been fun watching you go through the process. Now it's time to break them in. :D

Vantage arrival...

Joey,

Wonderful news Joey... :D I am glad you are enjoying you new Vantage speakers. What music did you listen to first (Artist and song)? How did it sound?

Cheers

-Robin

Congratulations :) , the Vantages are realy nice speakers, i just bought a pair myself a couple of weeks ago and i´m extremley happy with them :D .

I wonder how far from the front wall you have placed your speakers?

I'll bet they didn't sound quite right at first. Mine sounded somewhat congested and the bass wasn't as tight as I thought it should have been. But then, that's how it sound brand new out of the box. They've improved a lot since then but I don't think I have them completely broken in yet.

In fact when I first got them setup my wife and son took over the stereo and took turns playing there favorite tunes. I took a back seat and let them enjoy it and help break them in. I was just glad they were happy with the new addition.

Be patient, experiment with different locations and bass settings but most importantly, stay up late and listen to a lot of different music.

Joey_V said:
It's here, it's here!!!

The ML Vantage in Dark Cherry has landed and has made a nice little home in my bedroom! I installed my newly acquired XFi soundcard (thanks to my GF over Christmas) and everything is up and running great! I did have a temporary hiccup - the stupid XFi drivers crashed my computer and I had to do a format and a clean install of WinXP. Grrrr..... :mad: .

Now, at 4am, the 'puter is back up and running... the Vantage are playing in the background and everything is A-OK (aside from a few lost files).

:D :D :D

Hola Joe...congrats!!!! Happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

Good luck with your purchase! But be forewarned: you've been bitten. Next step - possibly a tubed preamp. Then a tubed poweramp. Then a turntable. It never ends. Trust me. I know. Been there, done that.

Joey_V said:
It's here, it's here!!!

Damn it Joey!

Didn't your teachers ever tell you not to tease the animals?

Were are the pictures at Home skillet? :D

Still listening to sweet sweet music....

I'll be back on later to post impressions and pics, pics, pics! I know you guys love pics.

Talking about pics... GREAT... I just realized I just lost all my old pics of my previous systems.. :mad: .

Zip3kx07 said:
Damn it Joey!

Didn't your teachers ever tell you not to tease the animals?

Were are the pictures at Home skillet? :D

I fell asleep during that lecture, Joe! :D

Back