Joeyitis

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugano

Reaction score
+46° 1' 26.41", +8° 57' 5.40" (Switzerland)
Joeyitis has many forms. The acute phase is "this component sux, skrew it and let it hit eBay, I'm getting this other one". Total hole diameter in your wallet: a 4 digit figure, expressed in $$. Then the acute phase degrades into a cronic one, the Joeytweakeritis. It's still quite expensive, as it excludes any DIY medication, but can be treated with 3 digit amounts of $$, and it's something I just diagnosticated in a profound self-exam. To make a long story short: I've just read this page (*) and picked up 2 flowers out of the whole bunch:

- a set of 4 Ceraball universal silver feet for my PsAudio Amp
- a set of Image clarifiers from Empiricalaudio.com

I will report on the results they bring, but I am interested in your opinion regarding:

1) does somebody already using them ? Satisfied or not ?
2) by reading the (*) page, all snake oil shields raised, would you also consider something else ?

Please pay attention to the tweaks regarding the NuForce amps, don't discard them immediately if you're not a NuForce owner, as they potentially apply to all PWM (Class D) amplifiers.

----
(*) page: http://www.magnan.com/downloadfiles/magnan.pdf

----

Last edited:
Joeyitis...

lugano,

Congratulation on your newest up-grades... :D
;) I have heard that the AMA will be adding to the next revision of the Diagnostic Symptoms of Metal Illness (DSM 3) reference book, later this year with the newest diagnosted condition, which was first identified here at the ML Club and which we fondly refer to as the collection of physical / mental signs and symptoms known as "Joeyitis". :D

Robin said:
I have heard that the AMA will be adding to the next revision of the Diagnostic Symptoms of Metal Illness (DSM 3) reference book, later this year..."Joeyitis". :D

Robin, as you probably read somewhere else on this forum, I've recently reached audio nirvana. This is a problem, because now I'm afraid that it might be only a time-limited experience. I am really scared that something might break anywhere in the system and lessen this wonderful experience. For the first time in 3 weeks, this morning I went to work and stopped the CD player and set the amplifier output to "mute". Needless to say that it has been a very difficult day, I was fearing the moment of coming home, starting everything and loosing that magical state of wholeness. Add to that the fact that during the lunch I went to audition some speakers (Revel Performa F30) with a friend that wanted them and we ran away and out of the HiFi shop after 3 minutes of audition - bleah, horrible. But when I came back and started the music, it was again wonderful...this thing seems to be stable as for now, but I am looking at ways to consolidate it. Not to improve it - I want to anticipate problems that eventually could arise. Well, at this point I think that english not being my native language quite shows, so I'll stop before annoying everybody.

May You Always Have Sonic Nirvana In Your Home...

lugano,

I think you have worked a very long time to achieve, as close to 'Sonic Nirvana', as maybe expected..., So may it continue to live in your lovely home forever. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Joeyitis can be a blessing as well as a curse". :D As long as Joeyitis maintains the sonic nirvana of your home it can be a good thing... :)

The thing I don't like about "Joeyitis" is that a side effect of this disorder is Ramen.

As a Doctor, Joey should know that Ramen is all about sodium....

I guess listening to some nice soothing music on upgraded equipment may be the answer to the elevated blood pressure levels from all the sodium in Ramen.

:)

Dsm

Robin, the current iteration of the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) is 4 as in DSM IV TR (Text Revision). This is 2006 after all. Great joke, though.

I will not add any more to this thread.....

And to think.... I was looking at new DACs.....

Joey

:D

Joey_V said:
I will not add any more to this thread.....

And to think.... I was looking at new DACs.....

Joey

:D

transports make a big difference you know. :D

Kevin

I wish I had the money to cure my Joeyitis. Because I don't I just have to live with the symptoms without a chance at a cure or even some momentary relief. :mad: :(

Cherian said:
I wish I had the money to cure my Joeyitis. Because I don't I just have to live with the symptoms without a chance at a cure

An essential part of any therapy is to have the patient's collaboration on your side. Patients hit by joeyitis do not collaborate. Never. Therefore there is no possible cure :)

OK... I Admitt it...

I freely admitt, I have a problem... I have Joeyitis and I'm not just a carrier either I am afflicted. :D
Looking back I believe I was infected on a trip to Rangoon, some years ago. You see it all happened so fast but before I go on I should state up front, I am not loking for a cure and I expect to live this way for the forseeable future. Further, I hope never to recover. My friend and family know I have it and are quite understanding in accepting of my affliction. My personal physican is documenting all of my symptoms as they present for the DSM 4 manual. :D

The worst part is if YOUR physician has the Joeyitis. In my case.. future physician.

Either way, I dont think that there's a cure.... nor do I want one. The journey is great and the feelings of "audio nirvana" and the making of new friends along the way is contributory to what makes our hobby such a joy to be a part of - upgraditis or no upgraditis.

Joey

My Brother...

Joey,

Yes, I totally agree. :) We have a wonderful hobby up-graditis or non up-graditis... ;)

Attachments

• Me Angery.jpg
    Me Angery.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 93
Back