Joey, you're OK Kiddo !!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Had to publicly confess after ribbibg the "kid" about his choice of beef the other day. I decided to try a Ribeye for dinner tonite, a little 18oz that I shared with the wife, seared it, med-rare, Montreal Seasoning. It was superb, favorfull, juicy and tender. So I may not have expanded my audio horizons just yet (per Spike regarding my recent pre-amp purchase) but I have with respect to beef selections thanks to the "kid". FWIW a couple of Saphires and nice bourdeux made things all the better !!!

Ah yes... dont worry about it, Dave!

:D

What I failed to mention was that I worked at my local Butcher Shop when I was in high school... so I know which cuts are good and which are superb. The Rib-eye is definitely my favorite - if it's PRIME. If not, I would have to defer to Filet Mignon or the Porterhouse. Seldom would I go with the Strip because the strip is essentialy the Porterhouse without the bone and without the filet.

Now.... you owe me an audition at your place for the info I have divulged.

:)

Last edited:
Joey_V said:
What I failed to mention was that I worked at my local Butcher Shop when I was in high school... so I know which cuts are good and which are superb. The Rib-eye is definitely my favorite - if it's PRIME. If not, I would have to defer to Filet Mignon or the Porterhouse. Seldom would I go with the Strip because the strip is essentialy the Porterhouse without the bone and without the filet.
I agree...

Also, for some reason, good cuts of ribeyes are much easier to find than strips where I live.

mmmm....Ribeye is also my favorite. Extra thick, rare to medium-rare on the grill. Nothing like a huge hunk of blood oozing beef. :)

Joey_V said:
:D

:)
As an old grocery guy,I coudn't agree more.Rib-eyes are the best,their especially good when cooked on a grill.Try picking up a package of Rib-eyes at your local Sam's Club,all their beef is CHOICE and they cut the steaks thick.

Back