Jeff Buckley ~ Live From The Bataclan

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Artist / Title: Jeff Buckley ~ Live From The Bataclan [EP] [Live] [Import]
Year of Release: June 15, 1999 (original released - 1996)
Record Label: Sbme Import
Genre: Rock

This lovely 1995 CD featuring four live tracks, 'Dream Brother' and covers of Van Morrison's 'The Way Young Lovers Do', Leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah' and a medley with Edith Piaf's 'Je N'en Connais Pas La Fin' & 'Hymne A L'Amour'. All four songs were recorded in concert at the Bataclan in Paris, France on February 11th, 1995. :D I submit that no one has ever performed / sung these songs the way Jeff Buckley did that day at the Bataclan Paris, France... Amazing...

I loved all these brilliant, lovely tunes played with such passion and trilling inspiration by the great Jeff Buckley. I only wish, I could have been in Paris at the Bataclan on February 11, 1995 to see him perform. :D

;) I took Tom's suggestion and I read the 'Wikipedia' information about the life and all to short musical career of this wonderful musical genius.

What vocal range of Jeff Buckley has, he is simply amazing and slays me every time I hear him sing and especially on this marvelous CD Live at Bataclan ~ is just spine tingling-live-musical-candy to my ears. I highly recommend this, greatest of all - Jeff Buckley's live concert performances. :D

Attachments

• Jeff Buckley - Live From The Bataclan.jpg
    Jeff Buckley - Live From The Bataclan.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
Robin,

I couldn't find this specific disc in any local stores, but I DID pick up a copy of "Grace" yesterday, and it is just FANTASTIC...

Thanks for turning us on to this CD, and I'm going to have to find the one you recommended online.

On "Grace", I REALLY like his version of Halleluja. Not quite as intense as the version that Loudan Wainwright III does, but the guitar work is astounding...

Thanks again,
--Richard

Robin, Thanks for posting the review. I couldn't find the Bataclan album either, but like Dreamer I picked up "Grace".
I am not familiar with this artist (although I have heard of him), but I was very impressed with the disc. I hit play and listened to - and enjoyed - the entire album. Very unique sound, can't really compare him to anyone I can think of.
Everyone's taste is different so it's hard to make recommendations on music, but the album is very well recorded. I never felt that it was overproduced, his voice came accross as lifelike, instruments were distinct and in their place on the stage.
2 thumbs up with a twist...Thanks.

Mike

Back