JansZen electrostatics NEW!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TomDac said:
WOW! I sure do like the look of these.. I wonder how they sound.

http://www.janszenloudspeaker.com/home.htm

pretty. very very pretty.

interesting approach, a hemispheric solid back to reflect the rear information back at you. reminds me of those after market panels to put behind ascents. (i think it was ascents).

i really wonder how tranparent they would be with no information behind the speaker and i wonder if the hemispheric shape would create a focus point (read sweet spot...)

curious to say the least

If I read the website correctly, for that 26 grand you also get three amps per side. Maybe not so bad?

I like how they took a swipe at Martin Logan with their "...usual phase-skewing surface curvature or facets". :) MLs are the only electrostatics that I've seen that have a curved transducer.

JansZen electrostatic speakers...

Yes, I agree, they look cool... But, if I had 26K, I would have purchased those, ML - Statement E2's, in LA, way back in August, on Audiogon... :rolleyes:
Now, that would have been way cool... :D

IMHO, the, "JansZen", electrostatic speakers, just, from the looks of them, don't seem to be, as well engineered as the ML's. For one thing, they are not curved electrostatic pannels for better sound disbursal, as our ML's are. I wonder if they are hybird speakers like ML. Also, I would like to see a cross section of these speaker. To look more at the insides, of these 'JansZen' speakers would be nice too.
However, I would reserve finial judgement, until I could hear them. I am courious, as to how they sound.

Cheers

-Robin

aliveatfive said:
If I read the website correctly, for that 26 grand you also get three amps per side. Maybe not so bad?

Yes its still very bad. I can get three real nice amps with very good speakers for thousands less than $26K
:)

SteveInNC said:
I like how they took a swipe at Martin Logan with their "...usual phase-skewing surface curvature or facets". :) MLs are the only electrostatics that I've seen that have a curved transducer.

Phase-skewing? Sounds like market-speak to me. I think this was aimed at both ML and Sound Lab.

Other subtle jabs:

"avoid the need for dipolar sound distribution." As if electrostatic speakers are dipole radiators because they must somehow make up for a deficiency in sound.

"Our newly developed electrostatic driver elements achieve wide dispersion." There are laws of physics that dictate why a large flat surface tends to "beam" sound. I am not sure that they can be broken in this universe.

Not trying to knock the speakers. They do look awesome. Probably sound good too. But "phase-skewing" the truth is not cool.

Robin said:
Yes, I agree, they look cool... But, if I had 26K, I would have purchased those, ML - Statement E2's, in LA, way back in August, on Audiogon... :rolleyes:
Now, that would have been way cool... :D

Robin I would love to see you hang the Statement E2 from your ceiling. Now that would be way cool...
:eek:

Doesn't ML curve the panels to make the speakers last longer? I thought I read that or someone told me that.

MrTybalt said:
Doesn't ML curve the panels to make the speakers last longer? I thought I read that or someone told me that.
Hola MrTybald. No. They are curved for better horizontal and vertical dispersion...in other words, better image and scenario. Happy listening,
Roberto. :D

Roberto is correct as usual.

One of electrostatic speaker’s biggest down falls was the narrow sweet spot. If the panel were 10 inches wide and flat your sweet spot would be 10”. Martin Logan curved the panel to get the sound to open up and fill a larger area then a flat panel could.

Martin Logan curve’s the panel 30 degrees so the sound opens up 30 degrees wider then the panel.

Robin said:
SugarMedia,

I was thinking of levitating the E2's..., you know, no wires. :D

Cheers

-Robin

Robin with the sound the Statement e2 makes I'm sure it's not hard to get them off the floor. I bet they boom.

Don't underestimate this guy! He is a very good engineer that was invaluable in Electrostatic design. Go read you ML manual, it mentions him! He probably uses multiple panels on a curved service. Nothing wrong with that!

garmtz, you seem to know something about him - please elaborate!
They better make coffee, too, 'cuz it'll be difficult to beat my Odysseys... :cool:

Latest posts

Back