Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Earlier today I sent Tiberium and tsd2005 PMs about the thread "HD-DVD vs. Blu-Ray" in which their discussion got pretty heated and un-civil. Below is a thread between tsd2005 and myself which resulted in me banning him from the site.

Hi TSD and Tiberium,

I've read the HD-DVD vs. Blu-Ray thread.

TSD, I've deleted your last post. I think you need to learn how to ignore people.

Tiberium, please don't egg people on and call them names.

You both have contributed good stuff to the site, but I'm tempted to ban BOTH of you and I will if this petty bullshit doesn't stop.

I hate being the "daddy".. Any more BS and you're both banned for 30 days. Permanently if when you come back on it gets out of control again.

Tom

PM from tsd2005 to me:

Tom

so you threaten to ban me because I finally tell Tiberium off after he calls me names?

The guy has LIED multiple times about product (Subwoofers and now DVD being better than HD-DVD) and never backs any of it up. He just lies and lies and lies.

When you hit him with facts, he calls you names and lies some more and then attacks the companies being discussed.

I've never lied on your site about product or anything else to try and get people to see my point.

He has lied about Martin Logan product, Bag End, SVS, and now Toshiba.

I don't mean sharing a differing opinion.... but actual lies. Just like Ovature and the peelable veneer.

I think it is disgraceful that you're threatening to ban me for defending myself to the acts of a child. There is no way that Tiberium is anything but an internet troll type of person. He jumps into threads calls people names and LIES.

If that is what you stand for, you don't have to ban me. I won't post here anymore. It's childish that I have to put up with someone calling me names and it taking you that long to do something about it. You erase my posts, but he can post LIES (Toshiba DVD player CAN pause and play. The machine can't be powered off and resume play) and call people names.

Those posts remain.

You've sent your message loud and clear.

Email from me to tsd2005:

Dear tsd,

I tried to be diplomatic. Here is my message LOUD AND CLEAR:

You’re CRYING about someone who you claim to be lying about a fucking DVD player! Read the PM you sent me – I’ve included it in this email since you say you’re not coming to the ML Club anymore. Read it and tell me who the childish one is. I told you I don’t want to play the “daddy” role and here you are crying again about something so incredibly stupid.

I’ve fucking HAD IT with you.

You’ve insulted me with not acting quick enough with Ovature. I think your words in a PM to me were something like, “If that’s how you want to run this site..”

You’ve tried to bully me into stepping into a discussion about ear wax removal not being safe and how I could be liable. Your concern was laughable.

You’ve publicly called me a liar on the forum about Costco and now insulting me and trying to bully me into doing something you want.

You claim to be an educated person, but you have this incredible ability to piss me off with your belligerence. Just because you have an engineering degree doesn’t mean you’re not a total fucking asswipe.

What I stand for is running a site where ADULTS can share their passions in a healthy way and I don’t have to babysit assholes like you.

Don’t DARE to tell me how to run my site and don’t bother coming back because I’ve permanently banned you.

Have a nice life.

bel·lig·er·ent adj.
  1. Inclined or eager to fight; hostile or aggressive.

Last edited:

Joey_V

Reaction score
You know what I like about this site... everytime someone gets banned, we get to see the action behind the scenes!

It's like a great talk show! Entertainment at its best! ;)

Sad to see TSD go, he seemed to know quite a bit.... though he did seem stubborn at times.

TomDac

Staff member
Reaction score
Joey, I do this so that when you see TSD's previous posts and see his "banned" moniker, you'll have an explanation of what happened.

It's a shame.. He posted quite often on the site and some of it was very good, but as soon as there was a disagreement, he'd get beligerent.

The tension between him and I was building for weeks and my post above reflects that.. I was FIRED UP last night!

Part of me wanted to just ignore his PM and just ban him, but another part of me totally needed to vent.

Oh well. This is the 3rd person I've had to ban since the site was changed over to vBulletin software. I'm sure it won't be the last.

Tom.

Last edited:

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Gulp !!!! reminds me of the days when my dad took me to the wood shed "for a little talk". At times we all need to funnel our passion for this hobby in a more kind a gentle manner........ how's that for political BS !!

Joey_V

Reaction score
TomDac said:
Joey, I do this so that when you see TSD's previous posts and see his "banned" moniker, you'll have an explanation of what happened.
Tom.
I completely understand Tom.

Robin

Reaction score
A Super Wonderful Web Master...

Tom,

Thanks again for always looking out for us. :) Sometimes your job just seems too stressful... :eek: I just hope The ML Club doesn't require this kind of intervention again for a while, you deserve a brake from all of this. I wonder, do you ever get to take a vacation from your Web Master duties sometimes? :confused:

;) Thanks again Tom...

attyonline

Reaction score
The shame is that if everyone would think a second before they post, a lot of these problems would go away. The blu ray/HD-DVD controversey is in its infancy and virtually any scenario seems possible for the next six months or so. Any opinion or view on this issue is difficult to oppose on a factual basis at this point. As seen here before, a good forum like this can be made inhospitable by the kind of troll that roams free elsewhere. It also can be ruined by not accepting the fact that not everyone agrees with your opinion. :) Thanks Tom.

SteveInNC

Reaction score
The sad thing is that it's not that hard to disagree with someone without getting over the top. There are subjects that I disagree with on this board. I sometimes post my opinion, and try to back it up with citations (it's that whole masters' degree research thing), but it's never personal. I often don't post in response to some of these threads because I don't think that it would be productive, particularly on matters that are subjective.

None of you are spending my money, and I don't care how you spend yours :)

With a few notable exceptions, this board has historically been very level-headed, which is one of the reasons I still come here. As I stated in another post, I know the people that have been here a long time, and I respect their opinions, even if they differ from mine. It's a shame that some people jump in here with the intent to stir up shit. It's also a shame that there isn't the Usenet equivalent of kill-filing on bulletin boards, because that would certainly take care of much of this - we could just ignore the trolls.

Old Usenet wisdom: don't feed the trolls. They thrive on stirring things up. Just ignore them and they won't get their little thrill, and will eventually go away. At the extreme, they get kicked off.

JONERVI

Reaction score
Hello All...........my first post........been lurking for months

Tom's verbal montage sounded almost as good as my newly purchased ML Vista's. I'll gladly deal with the occasional "cat fight" knowing that a forum of genuinely good folk with a wealth of knowledge regarding these amazing speakers, is just a mouse click away. :)

AsTaLaVISTA.....

Genesis

Reaction score
I dunno Tom...I understand where you're coming from and certainly appreciate your positon, but the profanity in your post to tsd indicates a bit of the ol' bel·lig·er·ent attitude as well, wouldn't you agree?

TomDac

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, the profanity was probably a little over the top, but I figured that I needed it to express my anger and frustration that had built up over the few weeks that he'd been stirring up stuff.

Strong words to express strong feelings.

Hope I didn't offend anyone, and my apologies if I did.

Tom.

Munster

Reaction score
SO WHO'S NEXT TO BE BANNED ??????

I called my bud in Vegas and got these lines :

Person Odds Reason for Ban

Joey 5-1 Upgraditis

Joey couldnt resist ditching the summitts for a pair
of Statements. Unfortunately after realizing he couldn't
fit them through the door to his room he posts a wanted
for his vantages back.

DTB300 8-1 Improper Reviewing

An informant reveals dan actually works for Plinius

Robin 10-1 False Identity

Internet protocol tracing reveals Robin is actually Gayle Sanders.

Tom Dac 15-1 Profanity

After a few drinks Tom bans himself. Unfortunately he can't
figure out how to undo it and the ML Fanclub deteriorates
into the Jerry Springer of forums.

Robin

Reaction score
Too Funny...

Munster,

That was very good for a mid moring funny delight. :D You really made my day, I'm still smiling too... :D

Joey_V

Reaction score
Munster....

Dont know how you found out... but.... bah (I'm speechless)... :p .

5-1 odds eh? We'll see if Tom bites. :D

Joey_V

Reaction score
Zip3kx07 said:
Damn I didn’t make the list; I guess I will have to try harder. :D

HD DVD vs. Blue-Ray…
I say ban Joe (zip) because he keeps on talking about the Summits but never has the initiative to buy them. Despite the Costco deal and everything in between, he talks the talk, but he doesnt walk the walk.

I give him 7-1 odds banishment. :p

Reverb

Reaction score
Joey_V said:
I say ban Joe (zip) because he keeps on talking about the Summits but never has the initiative to buy them. Despite the Costco deal and everything in between, he talks the talk, but he doesnt walk the walk.

I give him 7-1 odds banishment. :p
I will own a pair of summits!....Some day. :D

Maybe I should call tsd5000 at his shop and ask for the Martin Logan Club discount? :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts