It only took 35 years...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mds3017

Reaction score
but it was worth the wait!

Or, why did I wait so long?

I first listened to a pair of ML speakers during my stay in Lawrence as a student. I've always wanted a pair, and finally picked up a set of Theo's in very nice condition. I'm still experimenting with amp and preamp combinations, using a McIntosh MA7900 since bringing the speakers home a couple months ago. No complaints at all! But I have a couple other pieces to toss into the mix (tube amp/preamp, Class-A amps, biamplifying?) to see where the combinations may take me.

It took me almost as long to get a pair of MLs after 1st hearing them in the early 90s. Found a great deal on a pair of CLS-IIZs locally and set them up in my basement firing down the long wall. Didn't really enjoy them much though. Set them aside for almost a year and then tried them again on the long wall. Oh my, what a HUGE difference. So much more musical and the midrange clarity is amazing. Haven't even dialed them in at all. WOW!!!

I've had M-L's for 30 years, and find myself lusting for a pair of Klipsch's. I better get some before I'm too old to appreciate them! Sure, I know they are not neutral, but they are fun.

I've had M-L's for 30 years, and find myself lusting for a pair of Klipsch's. I better get some before I'm too old to appreciate them! Sure, I know they are not neutral, but they are fun.
I think there is always a bit of that. I wouldn’t mind Klipschorns but they’ve gotten so expensive of late. Not really competitive at the asking prices any more. Good luck in finding a pair!

Latest posts

Back