Issue with Sequel II's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippieboy

Reaction score
I have a pair of Sequel II’s from the late 1980’s I replaced the panels September 2019 and just vacuumed them again. It seems like the crossovers have deteriorated or something. I get some popping on the panels when a bass note hits. I also can see the panels deflecting more that I thought they could. I see this with certain light reflections. Almost seems like a millimeter or two. I asked the tech person at Martin Logan when I ordered the new panels about the caps in the crossovers being over 30 years old and if they should be upgraded or replaced, he said they should be fine. The popping is getting worse and I can help but fixating the issue/noise. Any ideas from the ML forum?

Hola Chippieboy,
If you bought them one year ago, or two years, the panels have 5 year factory warranty. Just report the serial numbers of the panels, and that's all.

Happy listening!

Hola Chippieboy,
If you bought them one year ago, or two years, the panels have 5 year factory warranty. Just report the serial numbers of the panels, and that's all.

Happy listening!
Oh, so replacement panels carry a 5 year warranty? Didnt know that.

Well i'm not sure its a panel issue, that's why I posed the questions. I think the panels are doing what they are told to do by amp, pre-amp, crossover, etc. I am going to do some experiments swapping different components and then perhaps recap the crossovers then look into panel replacements. I was pinging the forum to see if anyone had similar issues. Thanks for the feedback.

Could there be a problem in the connector where the panel plugs into the speaker?

I noticed the wire on one of my panels has a spot on the casing that is tore up a bit from rubbing on the frame it sits in. I could also imagine problems in the plug.

Back