Iso Acoustics Gaia 2 on Summit's ??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOON

Reaction score
Has anyone here used Iso Acoustics Gaia 2 footers on their Summits or Summit X ? Also it looks like in the manual the part on the bottom of the speaker that accepts the 3/4 inch spike comes off and that is secured by a 3/8 's thread.

It looks like I would have to remove both the 3/4 spike and the round part attached to the speaker bottom that accepts the spike to fit the gaia's on, correct ?

I use them on my Montis' and they work great. I had to order the bolts with the ML specific thread separately. They will replace the original round rubber feet with attached bolt. So you need the correct thread size GAIA bolt additional to the GAIA 2 feet for it all to fit correctly.

Isoacoustics website has fitment information, I use Gaia ii on my EM ESL, correct thread size bolt will be provided by Isoacoustics free of charge.

I use these on my Summits and they are truly worth the investment. Better soundstaging and imaging, better clarity without brightness, lower noise floor. One of the sure fire tweaks for Summits

13a's.... has anyone used them with 11a, 13a or 15a's....?

I am yet to set my 13a's up as away, though when do will be in an apartment with solid wood flooring so thinking soundstage, bass and if it will help neighbours below....

The Gaia IIs don't have capacity for the 15as, but the Gaia I model certainly does. The IIs will handle either the 11a or 13a. I don't have any of the speakers you noted above - yet - but I'm using them on both my BF210 subs as well as my main speakers - vintage, ooooooold Aerius recently repaneled.

The difference with the Gaia feet is astounding. My brother is WFH out of my house until he returns to his office, and he noticed it without me even mentioning that change. I'm on a crawl space foundation, so even though it's a one story house the effect should be similar to what you'll have for your flooring, though there aren't any neighbors below to appreciate the difference.

I am thinking of those too - for 13a - I always wondered if you can adjust the tilt of the speakers. I have best results with panels being set to be vertically.

any experience, anybody?

On another M.L.owners page ™Hear Here" or Peter from Portsmouth UK says:

"Because this range of MLs have the removable electronics tray in the base, you won't be able to securely fit Gaias using the standard fittings they provide. However if you ask the good people at Gaia, they will send you a set of much longer threaded fittings specifically for these ML units. They are 53 mm long, whereas the standard ones are 30 mm.

The reason is simple. The ML spike sockets are also the Fixing bolts that secure the tray in position, so the first 1/2" or so is not threaded but is hex shaped for the tray removal tool. Therefore the thread starts well in from the base and standard Gaia threads will only have one turn which isn't enough to secure them reliably.

Once you have your pack of "Long 3/8-16 threads for Gaia II" from IsoAcoustic, you'll find these new threads also allow a certain degree of forward tilt if you wish to have your speakers more upright - as I found was the case. I went for about 3 degrees compared with 5 deg as ML builds the 11A and 13A - (the 15A is vertical as standard.)"

With Peters info in mind, I just orderd 2 boxes of Giai ii.... so 8 feet in total...from "Stereoland" on ebay, He's an audio dealer in Romania who ships within Europe free and kindly orderd the extra long 3/8-16 thread adapters for me to include with the Giai ii... without extra charge.... Total €550

Last edited:
On another M.L.owners page ™Hear Here" or Peter from Portsmouth UK says:

"Because this range of MLs have the removable electronics tray in the base, you won't be able to securely fit Gaias using the standard fittings they provide. However if you ask the good people at Gaia, they will send you a set of much longer threaded fittings specifically for these ML units. They are 53 mm long, whereas the standard ones are 30 mm.

The reason is simple. The ML spike sockets are also the Fixing bolts that secure the tray in position, so the first 1/2" or so is not threaded but is hex shaped for the tray removal tool. Therefore the thread starts well in from the base and standard Gaia threads will only have one turn which isn't enough to secure them reliably.

Once you have your pack of "Long 3/8-16 threads for Gaia II" from IsoAcoustic, you'll find these new threads also allow a certain degree of forward tilt if you wish to have your speakers more upright - as I found was the case. I went for about 3 degrees compared with 5 deg as ML builds the 11A and 13A - (the 15A is vertical as standard.)"

With Peters info in mind, I just orderd 2 boxes of Giai ii.... so 8 feet in total...from "Stereoland" on ebay, He's an audio dealer in Romania who ships within Europe free and kindly orderd the extra long 3/8-16 thread adapters for me to include with the Giai ii... without extra charge.... Total €550
According to my calculations, the Gaia IIIs ought to be fine with my Spires (IIRC, 27kg each speaker). They also have active electronics, so I may have the same issue of needing the 3/8-16 adapters of the right length

Latest posts

Back