iPod ~ iTube Valve Dock

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarMedia

Reaction score

Attachments

• iTube_Valve_Amp_Str.jpg
    iTube_Valve_Amp_Str.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 109
Yea, and they sound AWESOME with a set of small bookshelf type speakers! VERY NICE indeed!

James, so you have heard this particular Tube amp?

Mitt- is this the same one you have in CO? Did you see it at an Apple store? Just curious since it's the first time I've seen one of these. Good thing is that it will hopefully get many other main stream listeners interested in hifi.

How much $$$ are they? I can't find it.:mad:

How much $$$ are they? I can't find it.:mad:

If I remember correctly, it was about a $1000.USD. Keep in mind I'm calculating exchange rates so it could be a bit more/less for you.

James, so you have heard this particular Tube amp?

Yea, they have one or had one at Sound Mind Audion in Austin! Can't remember what the little monitors were that it was hooked up to but I know they were something in the $700/pr range used from the store as demo's because I was thinking I might be in the market for some little speakers like those and asked about that pair specifically.

I considered that for an office setup but thought the price was a little high. I instead went with a used Sophia Baby tube amp for about half the price on Audiogon. No regrets.

I considered that for an office setup but thought the price was a little high. I instead went with a used Sophia Baby tube amp for about half the price on Audiogon. No regrets.

Craig, is this what you have? New they are starting at 3,000.

The Sophia Music Baby integrated tube amp retails for about $900 new. They quite often appear for sale used on Audiogon for about $400-$450 on average. It's a nice little amp and sounds very good but you need a 90db speaker or higher to get the most out of it.

In my opinion its a better quality amp than the Fatman. Although, the Fatman is not bad but I prefer the Sophia gear.

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue8/sophia.htm

Latest posts

Back