Ionic Breeze Filters?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamer

Classified Forum Moderator
Reaction score
I notice that a LOT of the "Member Systems" pics show Ionic Breeze air filters as an integral part of the system. I assume this is an attempt to control the amount of dusct and other airborne gunk that might otherwise land on your stat panels...

So, do all you Ionic Breeze owners think they are worth it? Do they keep your panels cleaner? How often to vacuum your panels now that you are using the Ionic Breeze? Less frequently than without?

Do you notice any effect on the sound quality of you rsystem when you run it, or do you turn off the Ionic Breeze when you listen critically?

My father-in-law has a spare one, and I'm wondering if I might want to abscond with it for the Sequels...

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks,
--Richard

Who's got these things? I've got one, but I never use it around the 'logans because I thought it might do more harm than good. I'd love to know a definitive answer! Good or bad?

I don't know of their usefulness around MLs, but I do know that Consumer Reports found that the Ionic Breeze caused a dangerous increase in indoor ozone levels (something which can be especially problematic for those with asthma and respiratory problems).

In fact, Sharper Image (the IB's manufacturer) sued Consumer Reports for libel, which lawsuit was dismissed, with the judge awarding a half a million dollars to Consumer Reports!

I shied away from anything that generates Ozone, as our ESL's already produce a small ammount.

I use an Austin Air Allergy Machine HEPA Fiter system in the Home Theater.

Works wonders in keeping the dust levels down.

I notice that a LOT of the "Member Systems" pics show Ionic Breeze air filters as an integral part of the system. I assume this is an attempt to control the amount of dusct and other airborne gunk that might otherwise land on your stat panels...

So, do all you Ionic Breeze owners think they are worth it? Do they keep your panels cleaner? How often to vacuum your panels now that you are using the Ionic Breeze? Less frequently than without?

Do you notice any effect on the sound quality of you rsystem when you run it, or do you turn off the Ionic Breeze when you listen critically?

My father-in-law has a spare one, and I'm wondering if I might want to abscond with it for the Sequels...

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks,
--Richard

Rich,

I don't have an air filter, but a quality vacuum can do wonders. My new vac has a few filters and an a HEPA. I can remove the internal filters and clean them by hand and I clean the carpets and speakers about once a month.

EK

Vaccum cleaner is not my issue. We just bought a new Dyson, and this thing can suck the proverbial golfball through 20ft of garden hose...

When we first got the Dyson, we vacuumed the living room with our Oreck first. Then, about an hour later we vacuumed with the Dyson. It was disgustingly amazing how much stuff the Dyson got out of the carpet, that was left behind by the Oreck...

No, this Dyson could probably suck the metal atoms off the mylar on my panels...

But with two cats and the propensity to leave the patio door open, we seem to get a LOT of dust here in the spring and summer. I guess it's just going to mean keeping the door closed and running the air conditioner more this summer.

--Richard

Back