Introduction

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retro

Reaction score
Hallo from Copenhagen :yell:

Just been lurking for some days here in MLC :eek:

I am currently expecting in a few days to finalize a deal regarding a very neat pair of "gloss black" Martin Logan CLS "MK1½" (CLS MKI electronics, with MKII frame/panels) :drool:

I have located and read every tread discussion technical issues regarding the CLS and by this gained information of what to expect of possible pitfalls...thx! guys (and girls) ;)

Hallo from Copenhagen :yell:

Just been lurking for some days here in MLC :eek:

I am currently expecting in a few days to finalize a deal regarding a very neat pair of "gloss black" Martin Logan CLS "MK1½" (CLS MKI electronics, with MKII frame/panels)

Welcome Retro ! I never saw gloss black CLS - please post a picture or two as soon as you get them !

Here you got a few pictures of them

cls2.jpg

cls6.jpg

cls1.jpg

cls4.jpg

They look really nice :)

As an aside (and as a critique of ML, not Retro) those frames should have been piano glossed instead of painted woodgrain :)

Ill take them any way :D

They are far better than no CLS at all in the living room :haha1:

Actully i would prefere getting a pair in the following order of finish ;)

1) rosewood
2) walnut
3) dark oak
4) light oak
5) Piano black
6) Gloss black

Last edited:
Opps... my fault... I guess I made a confusion between gloss black and piano black. If gloss black is what you meant, then I already saw them... there's an auction right now on the german eBay around a pair of these beauties, the pix are nice:

http://cgi.ebay.ch/MARTIN-LOGAN-CLS...ryZ23323QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow. I looked at that sellers other items, and the next time I'm in Berlin, I'll HAVE to stop in their store. They have some VERY nice stuff. I especially lust after that Transrotor AC=3 turntable they are selling, but not at that price...

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRANSROTOR-AC-3_W0QQitemZ170024792523QQcategoryZ14814QQcmdZViewItem

Ad I noticed that while everything the are selling is VERY nice, the prices seem rather high. Is ALL used gear that high over there, Lugano? I mean, some of that stuff is selling used as much (or more) that it was new in the USA! Is it the VAT or what?

--Richard

Ad I noticed that while everything the are selling is VERY nice, the prices seem rather high. Is ALL used gear that high over there, Lugano? I mean, some of that stuff is selling used as much (or more) that it was new in the USA! Is it the VAT or what?

--Richard

No Richard, it's not a matter of VAT. It's a smaller market overall, with fanatics ready to spend a lot more for things and also greedy dealers. Everything is way too expensive here.

They look really nice :)

As an aside (and as a critique of ML, not Retro) those frames should have been piano glossed instead of painted woodgrain :)

That frame is what is known as Black Oak... All of my speakers started out that way but are now Piano/Obsidian. Though it does look a little more glossy than "normal" Black oak...

No Richard, it's not a matter of VAT. It's a smaller market overall, with fanatics ready to spend a lot more for things and also greedy dealers. Everything is way too expensive here.

Rise up and overthrow your government!

Too much taxes!

Welcome Retro, They look very nice. I have always liked black on a wood with grain. Though it doesn't always get the WAF. I'm sure you will enjoy them.

:welcome: !!!

Normally I would post more, but I just got home from being caged at work... so I'm going to bed now... normally I'd post more....

However, cool catch with them CLS 1.5! I know you'll enjoy them. ;)

Thx all

Joey .. i know the drill :rolleyes: i have nightshift job (12Hs, 3 days a week)

Brad ..., im pretty sure i will have pleanty of "crying" moments ..., if you take a look at my profile ... the "Primare" line ;)

I plan to gather the budget needed to get me a pair of Primare 928S monobloks for the CLS :)

These amps are made for the CLS MK1 comes with no global feedback and are rated (RMS)

100W/8Ohm, 200W/4Ohm

They deliever messured at clipping point:

120W/8Ohm, 240W/4Ohm, 480W/2Ohm, 920W/1Ohm and amaizing +1KW (peak to peak) into 0.6Ohms

SG008-Primare-01.jpg

Last edited:
Update :D
The final details of the sale has been made :cheers:
i will pick up the CLS on friday next week ..., this will be a long wait :meditate:

I did collect me CLS yesterday evening ..., the speakers was presentented on site by a complete AR line up (REFERENCE CD7, LS25, VT200 MKII) ..., by this amaizing electronics i only needed a short periode of listening to determinate the ML's was in a perfect condition :rocker:

My next step is to get a new amplifier, as i write this my best option af amplifire is a Dynaco Stereo 35 :eek:
The performance of the two pairs of Sovtek EL84M pentodes is simply wonderfull! the amplifier has newer before been presented better than on the CLS, but unfortunately max. spl is rather limited :haha1:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back