Interesting project - Pandora

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've saw this a long time ago and everytime I visited it I got the message, "We are having unexpected tech diffiuculties."

I thought it had sth to do with me being in Europe, but maybe not since it's working for you, huh?

SugarMedia said:
I've saw this a long time ago and everytime I visited it I got the message, "We are having unexpected tech diffiuculties."

I thought it had sth to do with me being in Europe, but maybe not since it's working for you, huh?

I've checked their IP - location is United States [City: Oakland, California].
Make sure you have the latest Macromedia Flash player installed. Or... use a Mac ;)

lugano said:
I've checked their IP - location is United States [City: Oakland, California].
Make sure you have the latest Macromedia Flash player installed. Or... use a Mac ;)
Yep, I'm using a mac, and even went to down to our mac design geeks and they couldn't open it either. I'll try from home... maybe there is a firewall on.

It's a combination of Flash and Javascript. I question the intelligence of the marketing person who decided that "pandora" would be a good name for a website, given that all evil was loosed on the world when someone opened Pandora's Box.

"Hi come check out this new site: trashmycomputer.com"... (careful, there probably really is one like that) :)

SteveInNC said:
I question the intelligence of the marketing person who decided that "pandora" would be a good name for a website, given that all evil was loosed on the world when someone opened Pandora's Box.

Okay, it workd from home. I'll have to talk to our IT about that since music plays a big role in my job.

And yes Steve... as the saying goes, "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches."

I've been smitten by Pandora. Signed on within 30 mins of first trying it last month. It's a brilliant concept. The only downside (previously) was ability to listen ONLY via computer. However, as of today, Pandora has partnered with Slimdevices Squeezebox to allow streaming (via Squeezenetwork) to your audio setup (albeit at 128 Kbps bit-rate). Been listening for about 60 mins now... sounds pretty damn good! They are offering a 90 day free trial with Squeezebox, thereafter $36/year subscription (still FREE for computer listening).

Unfortunately, due to licensing restrictions, only legally available in U.S. right now.

It's working great for me. What a great way to discover new artist. Sleepysurf, you'll have to email details on how to connect it to my SB3 Squeezebox. Speaking of that, just come on over with your new Benchmark DAC over so we can try it plugged directly into the Electrocompaniet amps and the Summits.

just wanted to give this one a little bump. Pandora is a pretty cool service that I have been using for a while. I like being able to customize stations based on very specific types of music. no classical music still, but it has everything else. it can provide great mood music. might be a good thing to throw on your system for holiday background music too

www.pandora.com or thru radio.msn.com

just wanted to give this one a little bump. Pandora is a pretty cool service that I have been using for a while. I like being able to customize stations based on very specific types of music. no classical music still, but it has everything else. it can provide great mood music. might be a good thing to throw on your system for holiday background music too

www.pandora.com or thru radio.msn.com

I'll second that. I now listen to Pandora almost exclusively at work now. Every once in a while I'll put the radio on for a bit, but they all have a top 40 list that NEVER changes, and about 50% commercials, time-wise...after an hour or two of that, I go right back to Pandora...:)

Peter

Back