Integrated Amp Suggestion

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

clew84

Hi everyone,

I own a pair of Martin Logan Aeons and have kept them under wraps for awhile. I was looking to put them in a 2-channel only system now that I have the space and was wondering if anyone can give me a recommendation for an integrated amp and a CD player. Not even sure what manufacturers to start with really. Budget is a little up in the air but maybe around $2000 total for both. Is the integrated option the best idea? Appreciate the help!

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris. I just posted on another thread. I recently auditioned the Aeon i for surrounds in my Summit based system. For a bit of fun I ran the Aeons with my Cambridge Audio 540R v2 receiver. I was really surprised at the good sound I was getting. The 540R didn't struggle at all and there was plenty of spl's in a fairly large room. Now I couldn't vouch for any other lower powered amplifier here. And I guess the 540R is rated at 100 per channel for two channels driven - so power wasn't an issue. So try a Cambridge Audio product - maybe one of their intergrated amplifiers and a matching CD player. Or maybe even the 540R receiver. You could upgrade to multi channel later if you wished.

Chris, Good morning, I have a pair of Totem Arro's in a second system in my house and their being driven by a Jolida 302-B, I believe the effecincy is a bout the same as the Aeon and the little Jolida does a great job @ around 50 watts.

I drove a pair of Aeons with a Jolida 502A integrated amp. It worked well with very good bass. This integrated sold me on using tube power for MLs. On occasion they can be found on Audiogon at very reasonable prices. The 502B model is a more recent version of the same.

Thanks for the great replys!! Well, you actually might laugh but I probably won't be buying anything for these. Due to budgetary considerations, I am looking to sell them and will probably will post them here. Thanks again!
Chris

Back