Integrated amp advice for ML

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pulled the trigger on the Peachtree Carina GaN. It checks the most boxes and I could get a new unit for less than the others used. The factory is actually a few miles from my home so i was able to pick it up directly from the factory. So far it is a huge jump forward in transparency, control and dynamics. I changed my dac, my preamp and amp all at once so it is hard to say where the biggest change is coming from but i think my particular tube preamp was softening everything too much for the Logans. I purchased the pream/amp combo to tame the top end of the Klipsch RF-7 i was running at the time but with the Ethos the Peachtree is a much better pairing. I have a dac, preamp and amp to sell if anyone is interested. The preamp (JMA Peach II) gets rave reviews on the Klipsch forum if anyone has horn speakers as well.

Congrats on the Peachtree amp.

Just to add, I've got to the stage of home trials on 13 different power amplifiers for my CLX's. Still prefer tubes though, and I'm currently using a full array of conrad johnson amplifiers at its finest. I won't ever sell this gear because of the special mods done on them.

Having said that, in terms of SS gear, it's the Pass Labs XA60.8 monoblocks that still holds the podium at the top of my list, regardless of price.

This particular integrated amp however, wasn't too shabby at all! A very lively presence, plenty of power, highly stable voltages and high current, no issues driving full range stats. So no issues driving hybrid stats either. It's a work of Art! A piece of fine jewellery, and really top notch in build quality. If anyone is considering a serious integrated design, this Burmester 032 is highly recommended.

Cheers, and enjoy those fine tunes!
Woof! RJ

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    15 KB · Views: 0
Congrats on the Peachtree amp.

Just to add, I've got to the stage of home trials on 13 different power amplifiers for my CLX's. Still prefer tubes though, and I'm currently using a full array of conrad johnson amplifiers at its finest. I won't ever sell this gear because of the special mods done on them.

Having said that, in terms of SS gear, it's the Pass Labs XA60.8 monoblocks that still holds the podium at the top of my list, regardless of price.

This particular integrated amp however, wasn't too shabby at all! A very lively presence, plenty of power, highly stable voltages and high current, no issues driving full range stats. So no issues driving hybrid stats either. It's a work of Art! A piece of fine jewellery, and really top notch in build quality. If anyone is considering a serious integrated design, this Burmester 032 is highly recommended.

Cheers, and enjoy those fine tunes!
Woof! RJ
Found a demo for sale, the price seems competitive.

https://www.avluxurygroup.com/burmester-032-integrated-amplifier.html

There's a new version coming out or at least I think it's already out, just a delay to reach Down Unda. It's very similar to the 032, also includes a DAC plus phonostage. Within similar price range, for all those features in one chassis, definitely a top notch integrated to have if thinking of an All-in-one package or downsizing. Burmester gear has always remained truly remarkable, offering supreme reference sound with top notch circuit design.

This has been my 13th amplifier on home trial but still prefer tooobs. Just getting ready for long term war/s going on... which seem to have no real end in sight. Just when one was enough and now another one has started in the middle east, which is totally out of control. So, now our tooob supplies in Aus are getting far less day by day, plus the pricing is increasing day by day! SS gear seems to be the only answer at this stsge.

I wonder what the tube supply is like in the US... any better? I'm sure prices are far less compared to Aus.
Until then, do enjoy those fine tunes!
Cheers, RJ

Back