Inside the Audiophile Mind

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Great Video.

Joey, you need to watch this video. So you can see just how bad joeyitis can get. I think this video portrays all of us in a painfully accurate manner. Thanks for the link.

A very well-done piece of video. Just try to explain this to the non-musicphile! I think,on the other hand, we all can relate.

Great Video,I think we all see a little bit of ourselves in that video.
The last track on the video does anybody know what Album that version of the Who's "Loves Reign O'er me" is from,it sounded like an extended beginning with possibly an orchestra?:clap:

Last edited:
I dropped the filmmaker a congratulatory email, and he replied that he's a budding audiophile himself (no surprise there!), into speaker building. The film has been garnering a lot of attention. It's already been screened at a Czech Film Festival, and he says "will be screened Dec. 9th in London at the National Film Theatre as part of an 'Emerging Documentary Filmmakers' screening." I suggested he post it on youtube.com

Best of all, he has unused footage of British audiophiles, and may eventually release a DVD with that additional footage!

If you would be interested in the DVD, drop him an email (link at his website), so he can gauge world-wide interest.

Joey, you need to watch this video. So you can see just how bad joeyitis can get. I think this video portrays all of us in a painfully accurate manner. Thanks for the link.

I watched that video as my other audiophile friend emailed it to me. I really enjoyed the video and I can easily relate to what the people there are saying. It is indeed an... ahem... obsession! But it's a positive and healthy one as long as we have insight of the obsession itself and we know when to exercise the proper judgement.

Love it!

Joey

It is indeed an... ahem... obsession!

That's good, Joey. Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward recovery. :haha1:

But it's a positive and healthy one as long as we have insight of the obsession itself and we know when to exercise the proper judgement.

Now that sounds like you are slipping back into denial. . .
"Yes, I am addicted, but I can control it." :devil:

Here's to enjoying our obsession and always knowing when to exercise proper judgement. :cheers:

The big problem that these guys have is that they live in the same town and they gather together, each one studying the other people's equipment, cables, room treatment etc, which brings it fast to an escalation. At least we are united into a virtual club, where we read and see, but don't listen. But when people meet, like the mini get-together Joey went to, it starts raining Pliniuses and lamps all over. Now, that's dangerous.

The big problem that these guys have is that they live in the same town and they gather together, each one studying the other people's equipment, cables, room treatment etc, which brings it fast to an escalation. At least we are united into a virtual club, where we read and see, but don't listen. But when people meet, like the mini get-together Joey went to, it starts raining Pliniuses and lamps all over. Now, that's dangerous.

That is true... plinius rained... cary tube preamps rained.... and we also saw a Depth that fell onto Cherian's lap!

I guess that being divided by distance is a good way of keeping things from escalating!

JOey

If I'd never heard Craigs Summits, I'd have been perfectly content with my Aerius' and Sunfire. Now I've got Summits, and am auditioning new SS and tube amps. It's like pouring fuel on a fire!

This was great! Loved seeing all those tubes and turntables. The last bit where the guy was talking about how listening to great music played in great halls after the war brings him a sense of hope while the Elgar "Concerto for Cello" was playing in the background almost made tears well up in my eyes. I must be such a geek! I'm gonna write the guy about a DVD too.

Fantastic!

sleepsurf,

Yes. I totally enjoyed the film as well. :D I agree, it is hard to discribe how I feel about audio, as they said in the film. Our hobby is important to me, I know that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Visit http://aca.gr/event06-3.htm for further info...

Hi all,

We are very humbled indeed for your kind comments about the documentary film.

What we would propose though, is a visit to the "who-when-why" page, which is highly informative and recommended! It contains pictures and film scenes, links to the protagonists' audio systems and 3 direct links (just in case one of them gets out of bandwidth...) to the documentary film itself!

Enjoy...
PS: this guy has a Martin Logan CLS with a sub

(Click photo to view his profile ;) )

Last edited:
Wow

I have visited the Athens Audiophile Club website many times and am blown away by the quality of their systems. Simply AMAZING!

Great movie.. well done and love the music, especially the Diana Krall in the beginning and The Who at the end.

:cheers:

GF saw the video last night.... she thinks we're nutso.

*Sigh*...

Joey :(

Back