Inside the Audiophile Mind

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched the movie, suddenly I have the urge to buy a turntable. :D

I agree it was very well done, I hope it gets released on DVD; would love to own a copy. :musicnote:

Did anyone notice the 1970's 15" Tannoy corner folded horns at the beginning of the film? And the guy was spending tens of thousands of Euros on equipment to drive them. If he is normal, then I am nuts! :D :D

Ben

Last edited:
680,00 pico farads, 230 Volts, 50% electricity, 270% more inertia, believe me when I tell you...I love it!

I've watched this video for the fifth time...does this constitute a potential obsession as well? For now watching the video helps keeping the equipment costs down!

I can relate here...I've been into audio since I was a young teenager and it's growing every year...it's the “excess luxury” money that is lagging...!

Admit it though, how many of us love getting "lost" in the music...I sure do. Like one of the men said in the video, it transports us to another place. Isn’t it great to get away once in a while?

The last track on that video was from the Who's Quadrophenia album....(and thankfully it is not recorded in quadraphonic sound!)

Sam

Last edited:
Admit it though, how many of us love getting "lost" in the music...I sure do. Like one of the men said in the video, it transports us to another place. Isn’t it great to get away once in a while?

Great Quote,I would call myself an audiphile by default. I try to get away as often as possible,usually nightly.:musicnote:

The last track on that video was from the Who's Quadrophenia album....(and thankfully it is not recorded in quadraphonic sound!)
Sam

Sam,Thanks for the info and :welcome:

FYI... Ken Barnes, the filmmaker, has released a DVD version, which includes extra footage and interviews. I've already gotten my copy, and can attest it's WELL WORTH the contribution asked. Nothing like watching it on the big screen, and hearing the great soundtrack in all it's glory! I encourage those interested to get the DVD, and hopefully the proceeds will support a future audiophile-focused feature film.

When ordering, make sure you specify the U.S. DVD format.

I don't think Ken would mind my posting details on how to place the order...

----- Original Message -----

> Hi,
>
> Just to let you know that the new Audiophile DVD is ready to ship.
>
> The DVD has the original 20 min. Audiophile film seen by over 100,000
> people around the world on various websites PLUS over 40 min. of
> 'Extras'. Some is footage cut from the original film and some is from a
> HiFi show near London. Each Extra is a mini film from about 2 minutes to > 10 min. Topics include:
>
> The Heathrow HiFi Show
> Cable Crazy
> The Dark Side
> More Mad Greeks
> The 'Professor'
> Women and HiFi
> English Boys
> Audiophile PC
> Final Word (by me)
>
> I will NOT post this new version on the internet and am asking that
> anyone who purchases it PLEASE not copy/upload it. Hopefully,
> any proceeds will help me to shoot a feature film version at some point.
>
> The new DVD is free. I am asking for a donation of $30 US for shipping
> and to go towards a new film. If you are still interested, please send
> the funds to my PayPal account: [email protected] (Donations of > more than $30 gratefully accepted!)
>
> Ken Barnes
> www.savagebeanfilms.com

I STILL watch the video...

Sometimes, when I'm winding down the night and reading the last few study notes I have, I have a glass of water and a snack or two.... I'm relaxing in bed and I have the video playing. I already know it by heart almost, so I just leave it in the background while I wind down.

Great great video....

I'm going to look at the DVD version.. thanks, Alan!

FYI... I happened to be on the Audiophile Club of Athens site today, and found TWO other links for Audiophile films... one Norwegian, and the other Swedish! Have no idea what they're saying, but... "A picture is worth..." Links are at bottom of this page...
http://www.aca.gr/event06-3.htm

PS: this guy has a Martin Logan CLS with a sub

I went to this site to see his system, and it USED to be a Martin Logan system, but he has since betrayed our brotherhood, and not only ditched his beautiful CLS's, but he's added insult to injury by replacing them with what is perhaps the most visually ugly speaker ever built--the B&W 800 Matrix.

Either his wife is completely brainwashed into submission, or she is congenitally blind. That speaker has a WAF of a stack of dead horses.

And they don't really sound that good either...

--Richard

:haha1: Richard tell us how you really feel about those B&W's.

Back