Inductor orientation

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pegwill

Reaction score
Hi Guys

After doing a lot of research on the inductors in my Aeons I noticed that two of them were side by side in the same plane. Both were screwed to back board of the cabinet. I removed the non magnetic screw and was able to turn it 90 degrees to the other one. There was enough slack in the wires to be able to do this without putting any strain on them. I used a bit of caulking just to secure them as a temporary measure.

I do feel that this has added a bit more clarity. The best of it is that it is easy to revert to the original configuration. It might be work a try and not a lot of work.

Regards to all

Hi Tom

Not sure if you are pulling my leg here!!!

In my world ‘Inductors’ are ‘coils’

Both were screwed to the back removal panel both in the same plane. So I just removed the screw from one and turned it on it’s side. Imagine two quarters lying flat on the table, pick one up and turn it on it’s edge and line it up with the diameter of the remaining one. If it don’t work out for you it is totally reversible with minimum of fuss.I have now done some extensive listening and I will be keeping mine in the new configuration. I just now need to make a proper fixing.

https://www.audioholics.com/loudspe...peaker-crossover/chokesOnProtoBoard.jpg/image

If you follow the link about half way down the page you will a picture of what I mean.

Regards

To all

ahh.. ok.. I honestly didn't know what you meant. I'm not familiar with the innards of the speakers.. LOL. Thanks for clarification.

Back