Importance of 7.1 channels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony A.

Reaction score
i will be setting up a 7.1 channel theatre in my basement soon and will be using ascent i, theater i and script i for side surrounds. here is the dilemma. i have heard the montages recently and thought that they really are not close in performance to my current ascent i's or more importantly, electrostatic speakers. i was think of using a pair of the new ml inwalls for my back (7.1) channels. will i kill the sound field from side to rear? is there anyone who has or has heard the ml inwalls and are they comparable to the scripts in any way? sorry if this issue has been beaten to death, but as always, all opinions are welcome. thanks.

well, i answered my own question. personally, atf is not the same as panel and as good as it is, it does not blend seamlessly like i would prefer. i heard a pair at a dealer and i think i will stick with scripts all around.

Anthony A. said:
well, i answered my own question. personally, atf is not the same as panel and as good as it is, it does not blend seamlessly like i would prefer.

That has always been "my" opinion and taste with the ATF and Panels which I have posted in other threads. But I am glad you got the chance to go out and listen and make your own decision - like everyone should.

Dan

Back