I'm official now!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IWalker

Reaction score
For the past few months of posting, and the months before that of lurking...I've been an imposter. No logans to my name...merely aspirations toward that end. Tonight, thanks to Jason (jtwrace) I've taken delivery of a beautiful pair of quest z's. I can't say thank you enough to him...it wasn't just a speaker sale, but was a full service show and tell, listening session, and delivery. great to find someone so friendly and enthusiastic about our hobby...and only 15-20 minutes away. He has a truly amazing system...I can't wait to go back and listen to the summits once they arrive :D Thanks again, Jason. We're going to put charlotte on the ML map :)

I went just far enough to get the quests hooked up...and I'm loving them already...I'll start playing with placement, etc. once I get this smile off my face. I'm very much in the beginning stages of my system...so am almost ashamed to post the full details of it in its current state on the system page...but I'll do it anyway...to give me extra incentive to upgrade! (like I need it!)

Great story.. thanks for sharing it and you will LOVE your Logans even more once you get them all dialed in.:rocker:

Welcome aboard!

Tom.

Last edited:
Congratulations. It'll take a little while for your ears to adjust to the new sound. But when they, you'll never look back.

Congratulations on your purchase. But understand that you were never an imposter. What brings us all together on this forum is not necessarily that we all own MLs but that we have an interest in high end audio and a deep love and respect for the quality of speakers that ML produces. Of course, now that you have your MLs, you are susceptable to catching joeyitis (aka upgraditis) and you should be aware that this is a progressive, financially debilitating, and incurable disease. Have a nice day.

Welcome
I agree with Rich here. What brings us here is that we do share ownership of ML's in some form but I think more importantly is the love of audio as a hobby. In reality you may not have been the only one here without ML's but no one said it was an exclusive club either which brings varied opinions and experieces that enrich the total experience.

This is by far the best forum I have encountered on the "net" and that is because of the people here and of our great host, Tom:rocker:

Jeff:musicnote:

I say... WELCOME!!

Time to get your ML groove on with the rest of us! This forum is one of the best on the 'net and I'm very glad I found it... thanks Tom!

... and BEWARE of joeyitis... for there is NO cure!

Joey

*Now.. which smiley to insert....*

:rocker:

Of course, now that you have your MLs, you are susceptable to catching joeyitis (aka upgraditis) and you should be aware that this is a progressive, financially debilitating, and incurable disease.

There is a big difference between Joeyitis and upgraditis. The latter is a devastating and frustrating experience, associated with gear dependence and merely listening to gear, not music. Joeyitis is a joyful trip towards audio nirvana, and even if it shares some symptoms with the ugly upgraditis, it is pure joy :cheers:

Anyway, welcome to full status !

thanks to everyone :) The smile is still on my face...and I've been busy...but I've still managed to move them around a little bit. They're already imaging like crazy. I'll likely be asking for lots of tips in the coming weeks.

I'm looking forward to catching the joeyitis...once finances allow (though I guess then it wouldn't truly be joeyitis!) I've determined to stay FAR away from the joeytitis though!!! :) Still laughing about that. I'll post my system and pictures in an hour or two. I need to have an official section for "jumble of wires."

I'm looking forward to catching the joeyitis...once finances allow (though I guess then it wouldn't truly be joeyitis!) I've determined to stay FAR away from the joeytitis though!!! :)

COME TO ME!!!! :cheers:

On a more serious note, what kind of equipment are you running with your new MLs? Are we going to see the whole setup with the pics you are taking?

Cool...

Joey

Last edited:
Pics

as the ex owner:( of these speakers, where are the pics going to be posted? I still need my fix of an ML...:)

I can not tame my rat’s nest of wires no matter how hard I try. When I see pictures of very clean systems on here I think why can’t mine look like that?

I can not tame my rat’s nest of wires no matter how hard I try. When I see pictures of very clean systems on here I think why can’t mine look like that?

Take a look at Dolphin's wiring. I openly invited him to come over and do the same for my system.:D

Congratulations Ian on your new Quest for audio nirvana.

Man, even before you got them you were exploring mods and tweaks, you're my kind of guy :rocker:

Placement is indeed one of the more important aspects of enjoying these speakers. Plenty of advice and opnion around here, so fire away :D

Excellent...

IWalker,

I concur with Rich and Jeff as well.
I also wanted to reiterate, you were never an impostor, on the contrary you have been and always will be our audiophile friend... :D Quest Z's are totally awesome speakers, Congratulations! It is good to have you here. :D

Once again welcome to the ML Club!:D

Just posted the first pic in the member's section...just waiting for it to get approved by tom. Then I'll add a few more. I just took some quick photos to get them up...I'll try to get them looking nicer once I get placement right, and at least TRY to improve some of the wiring. I got impatient and just threw the cables in and started listening. I'm using the "head in the sand" technique of cable organization...if I avoid looking at it, it doesn't matter if it's disorganized!

Jason, I can print you some full size pictures....and put them on some cardboard cutouts. Won't sound very good, but it'll fill the void until the summits arrive! :D

Thanks for all the kind words and congratulations! I love this place :)

Glad to hear you are enjoying your Logans. As others have said , once youv'e been bitten by the ML bug there is no going back. I just took possession of my 2nd set of Logans and I am just as happy and enthusiastic as you.

Great to have you aboard !!

Take a look at Dolphin's wiring. I openly invited him to come over and do the same for my system.:D

Every wire is an antenna. The more they are aligned, the more they scare me. I think I prefer a total chaos behind my rack to a very tidy arrangement, which looks like being optimized to catch any kind of RF... am I paranoic ?

Every wire is an antenna. The more they are aligned, the more they scare me. I think I prefer a total chaos behind my rack to a very tidy arrangement, which looks like being optimized to catch any kind of RF... am I paranoic ?

Hola Lugano...you are right with the cables. We have RF signals everywhere. But I rather try to have the cables by their own...separated and not together or in a circle...you are making a coil. I try to make my cables like a S shape or several snake figure and also I try to avoid contact because of inductance factor. ( I don´t know how to say it better ). If I have to cross them, I try to do it like an X...this way a have less problems...many will say that the plastic cover of any cable or isolating material is enough, but trust your ears...when I re-do my cables, everything seems to my ears to be more transparent and clean...perhaps it is only that I do like my sound...anyway, happy listening,
Roberto.

Back