I just wanted to introduce myself!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tube60

Reaction score
Hello everybody!
My name is Ross, and I live on the California Central Coast.
This weekend, I'm picking up a pair of M.L. Sequels from a good friend of mine. I haven't looked around too much on this site, so any obvious threads to look up would be greatly appreciated! I've loved the 'Logans for a very long time, since a few friends have had them over the years, and now the opportunity has come for my own pair! Decent electrostats! Yeah!
Currently my system consists of a McIntosh MX 110 pre-amp, a Harman/Kardon Citation II amp, a Sony digital recorder/ CD player (forget the model #), a very good Kenwood turntable with an Ortofon MC-10 cartridge, and a pair of Infinity 1000-A electrostats. The vintage electronics and speakers I've rebuilt myself, with some basic hotrodding. I'm pretty much a DIYer and hotrodder, self taught for what it's worth.

Welcome to the Club....

There's no turning back now!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Ross. You're in trouble now :D

Don't forget to move them out into the room if you can and treat the back wall for reflections.

Last edited:
welcome ! what's your Kenwood table...KD-500 by chance ?? I had one for years, sold it last year when I got my Music Hall mmf-9, it was a great direct drive table in "the day", I had the Premier mmt arm with the Grace F-9e super catridge. Enjoy the music !!

Tube60 said:
Hello everybody!
... The vintage electronics and speakers I've rebuilt myself, with some basic hotrodding. I'm pretty much a DIYer and hotrodder, self taught for what it's worth.

Ross, welcome. And more so for a fellow DIY person. Lot's of cool mods and extensions to be had with these speakers. Please see our DIY forum.

I have Sequel II's so ask away if you have questions.

My best advice is to cruise the site for a week or so (if you haven’t already) and see what has already been covered. Much has relative to how to set up systems, but there is always something unique and specific to each installation, so don’t be shy.

Ross,
Welcome. I too have a pair of Sequel II's. I live in Southern California so if you have any questions or bored on a drive towards Vegas let me know.

Jeff :cool:

Tube60 said:
Hello everybody!
This weekend, I'm picking up a pair of M.L. Sequels from a good friend of mine. I haven't looked around too much on this site, so any obvious threads to look up would be greatly appreciated! I've loved the 'Logans for a very long time, since a few friends have had them over the years, and now the opportunity has come for my own pair! Decent electrostats! Yeah!
Currently my system consists of a McIntosh MX 110 pre-amp, a Harman/Kardon Citation II amp, a Sony digital recorder/ CD player (forget the model #), a very good Kenwood turntable with an Ortofon MC-10 cartridge, and a pair of Infinity 1000-A electrostats. The vintage electronics and speakers I've rebuilt myself, with some basic hotrodding. I'm pretty much a DIYer and hotrodder, self taught for what it's worth.
Welcome tube60...the Sequels are very good with big sound!!! Happy listening,
Roberto.

Thanks everybody for the kind words!
To clarify as to which Sequels I'm getting, they're the early ones, before the IIs came out. They're in excellent condition, except I'll have to replace one panel. One of his wife's rather large cats jumped up onto the dynamic enclosure, with the predictable result the speaker did a face-plant onto the floor. It plays fine and the dent is barely noticeable, but he's included a new panel in the deal just to be sure. And it is a Sequel panel, not an SL3. To sweeten the pot even more, he's including a fried Yamaha M-60 amplifier which I'm going to gut (except for the cool output meters) and do my own design. His wife's cat had a lot to do with the Yamaha's demise. The cat pee'd through the vents while it was running. A more surprised cat you've never seen in your life! Fortunately the 'Logans weren't hooked up to it.
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to listening to the Sequels once they're in my listening room. I've already found out about getting them out in the room further, since I've already got electrostats. The Infinitys I already have sounded leaps and bounds better once I had them about 2 1/2 feet away from the wall. Is anybody familiar with the Infinity 1000a? I'm going to use them in the garage once I've got the 'Logans.

Jeff Zaret said:
Ross,
Welcome. I too have a pair of Sequel II's. I live in Southern California so if you have any questions or bored on a drive towards Vegas let me know.

Lancaster? My sister and her family live there. I try not to go during the summer..... I'm used to 62 degrees year-round, living near the beach!

Welcome to the club!

Ahh...cats! My wife's $%#@ cat loves to chew on cables! :eek: Fortunately I don't keep the expensive stuff. But I had to build wooden boxes to function as cable chases and enclosed all the others in plastic tubing. Kitty hasen't got to any in a while...and fortunately she's not a "****er"...knock-on-wood!

Now if I can just get her to stop cat napping on top of my amp! :rolleyes:

Bob

Welcome to the club.

You have to see Robin's system on how to earthquake proof those babies.

Crawdaddy said:
Now if I can just get her to stop cat napping on top of my amp! :rolleyes:

Bob

Funny you should mention that. I came home and found my Cat lying on top of my amp one day. She usually doesn't even go into our dedicated room. I guess I adopted a good one. She doesn't chew or pee on anything. Usually it's the male cats that pee and they aren't fixed! ;)

Statman said:
Funny you should mention that. I came home and found my Cat lying on top of my amp one day. She usually doesn't even go into our dedicated room. I guess I adopted a good one. She doesn't chew or pee on anything. Usually it's the male cats that pee and they aren't fixed! ;)
My friend's wife's cat was a neutered male, but he still sprayed, and evidently liked the Yamaha M-60 so much he decided to... you know.... and the cat's reward for that was a bang, a flash, and a cloud of smoke. That cat wouldn't venture into the living room for years!

Tube60 said:
Lancaster? My sister and her family live there. I try not to go during the summer..... I'm used to 62 degrees year-round, living near the beach!

Tube60,
Yep that is correct. Today was the second day it was not over a 100 degrees in about 3 weeks!. ANyway if you get bored and like to drive let me know.
LOL :D

Back