i just gotta say i'm BLOWN AWAY!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, it's a 2ch amp. You can run both no problem. Just jumper the SL3 between the panel and sub and run the speaker cable from one channel of the amp to one of the speaker inputs (shouldn't matter which one, because of the jumper) and you're in business.

Agreed. Go with what you like. you might like a brighter sound, or a more laid back sound (often seen as the ss vs tube discussion) ... if you like it and it makes you happy...go for it!

I'm making no claims on the pro-amp's sound quality except that it has plenty of power to do everything I want...and that in the interim before I can afford my tube amp, it works out perfectly for me...and sounds good to my ears!

yes, it's a 2ch amp. You can run both no problem. Just jumper the SL3 between the panel and sub and run the speaker cable from one channel of the amp to one of the speaker inputs (shouldn't matter which one, because of the jumper) and you're in business.

Agreed. Go with what you like. you might like a brighter sound, or a more laid back sound (often seen as the ss vs tube discussion) ... if you like it and it makes you happy...go for it!

I'm making no claims on the pro-amp's sound quality except that it has plenty of power to do everything I want...and that in the interim before I can afford my tube amp, it works out perfectly for me...and sounds good to my ears!

If I come visit my buddy in Huntersville, I'll have to come listen :)

charliemike, thanks for your comments. The folks on this board are certainly knowledgeable. While waiting for my SL3s to arrive, I must have read most of the old threads. It must be very frustrating not to be able to hear your speakers.

If I come visit my buddy in Huntersville, I'll have to come listen :)

absolutely! please do. jtwrace has summits on the way, and lives in charlotte as well, so if you want to see a REALLY sweet system...you owe it to yourself to see his...but I'll let him do the inviting to his own house :) You're certainly invited to come see my humble setup though.

... got engaged, got un-engaged, ... I am going nuts :) ...(I was the one to leave) and so I'm trying to get my audio needs ready to hook up as soon as I move in!

Thanks for the support!

Poor Charlie. I am sure you have our sympathies. But at least you have the SL3s for company. :D
Ben

Latest posts

Back